Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celiacsucks

Celiac Disease- Cheetos?

All of the ingredients are gluten free, but after eating them I still had problems... Any Help?

Gluten Free Since April 3, 2008

Diagnosed April 3, 2008

Endoscopy Sucks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

they can be cross-contaminated, and more sensitive celiacs may have trouble with them

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

There's just so much artificial crap in Cheetos, including MSG, as I recall...... they made me quite sick, also, I gave them up, and gave up pretty much all artificial and chemical stuff. :( But, one feels better not eating this stuff, really. :)

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

In an effort to eliminate some of the questionable ingredients from my daughter's diet, we switched to Robert's American Gourmet (that's the company) Tings (that's the product). It has like four or five ingredients. They taste (and look like) cheetos minus the cheese coating. It started as an option for a snack in the car that wouldn't leave everyone's fingers orange, but it has replaced cheetos for us. We like them just as well as the cheetos. They come in a baked version but I've never seen that on the shelf.

This is them:

http://www.robscape.com/files/prod-tings.php

Our local Whole Foods carries them but I've seen them at grocery stores, too (but not all).

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif