Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adelle

gluten-free Charcoal?

So I've heard that most charcoal isn't gluten-free, but is ANY charcoal gluten-free? The pure hardwood charcoal we use now is just perfect, except that store might not continue carrying it. Which would mean we'd have to drive 2 hours to the specialty bbq store! :blink:

So is there any like briquette charcoal that is safe, or should I start saving for gas $ now?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Kingsford charcoal is gluten-free and here is the response I got from them last week. I used it over the weekend with no problem. Enjoy!

Thank you for contacting us about Match Light Instant Light Charcoal Sure Fire Grooves. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

Both the the Kingsford Original and the Kingsford Match Light are made from charred wood and a corn starch binder. The lighter fluid is a petroleum distillate and also does not contain wheat.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Toni

Gluten Free - February 16, 2008

Diagnosed with positive bloodwork and biopsy.

No digestive symptoms for the past 25 years, but did have severe anemia, osteoporosis, lactose intolerance and RLS at time of diagnosis.

Kingsford is a good choice and natural wood charcoal is great. I think that charcoal containing gluten is one of those old rumors that won't die.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien