Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KelBelle

Mesa Sunrise Flakes

I have been having symptoms of a glutening all week. I haven't been eating out or eating anything that is overly suspicious. In fact, the only the thing that I have eaten recently that is even a processed food is Mesa Sunrise Flakes this week. We were out for quite a while and finally got some on Sunday. Since Monday, I have been having symptoms that have been slowly getting worse and got to be just terrible last night and this morning. :(

By any chance has anyone else had any problems with them? I have not had problems with them in the past, but all things seem to be pointing toward them this time. I am just trying to figure out where to start digging on this. I made sure not to eat any today and things don't seem to be getting worse. I'll have a better idea of it tomorrow I guess.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I eat the Mesa Sunrise Flakes quite regularly & have never had a problem - have you been glutened otherwise lately ? Could it be the milk ? Did you toss anything else on top that could have gotten you ?

I eat the Mesa Sunrise Flakes quite regularly & have never had a problem - have you been glutened otherwise lately ? Could it be the milk ? Did you toss anything else on top that could have gotten you ?

I am sure it wasn't the milk, as we get it straight from the bulk tank at the farm. However, it seems as though my glutened memory has failed me, again. :rolleyes: I did have Kettle Chips Krinkle Cut a few times earlier in the week as well. Perhaps they are the culprit. They seem more likely to me than the cereal.

It might be something else in the cereal. I discovered, the hard way, that my body does not like quinoa (which is in Mesa Sunrise).

If I have more than a few teaspoons of the stuff its is like WWIII and then a mass exodus.

Or maybe its the chips? Maybe cut both out till you are feeling better and try a small amount of one or the other.

Good luck!