Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krgg106

Celiac Disease Blood Serology Question?

I have been diagnosed with Celiac , with both blood tests and an intestional biopsy. My question stems from being on the York Laboratory web-site. They say that they have 2 tests to check for celiac disease. One that is a finger stick (or IgG) and one that is a cheek swab (IgA). I called their 800 number and talked with a customer rep and explained that I wanted to have my daughter tested for celiac. I wanted to order one of these tests for her. The problem I am now facing is that my OWN medical records have shown my blood tests came back negative for the Anti-Gliadin Iga Elisa and the Anti-Gliadin IgG Elisa. Therefor I am assuming that these two tests are not 100% accurate for diagnosing celiac. My OWN celiac panel also had Anti-Endomysial IgA IFA and of course the Anti-Human Tissue Transglutaminase IgA ELISA, (both positive). I am just alittle confused as to why they can list these tests as being available to test for Cellac, when in fact I would have tested negative, based on just these 2 tests. I am not sure if I am making much sense, so excuse me. I am just alittle concerned about the viablility of the web-site and their info. I am also resigning myself to the fact that I have to have my daughter tested with a full-blood draw in order to get a correct diagnoses. If anyone can shed some light on this for me or post any comments, it would be much appreciated...

Thanks!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

as far as I know, York doesn't offer the full blood serology. You can only get that from a doctors office or one of the hospitals that deal with celiac disease. Wow, I haven't heard of a breath test yet?? Any other info on that???

Thanks