Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

texas

Kettle Brand Potato Chips

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have eaten them occasionally with no reaction. Here is what their website says. Standard CYA stuff.

http://www.kettlefoods.com/our-all-natural-products/faq

Are your products gluten free?

Our products are processed on equipment shared with ingredients that contain very small amounts of wheat. We thoroughly clean our lines after each flavor run, but there is a slight potential of cross contamination. For your convenience we do list all ingredients on the packaging.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Anyone ever had any issues with Kettle brand chips?

I've eaten tons of the regular flavor with no problemo. You've got to be careful though. They are pretty sturdy chips. I've poked a hole in my mouth eating them.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

I contacted them about 9 months ago and the only gluten containing chip made in their chip facility is their cheddar beer chip. They have had that chip tested independently for gluten and its levels were so low that they did not give a positive result. I'd say that their chips are pretty safe. We especially love the tortilla chips. :D

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

I eat them occasionally, but every time I do, I feel like I get bloated. May just be from grease...I don't know.

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

I eat them occasionally, but every time I do, I feel like I get bloated. May just be from grease...I don't know.

My son and I have the same problem...we think it's the oil. A few at a time is ok, though.

~Laura

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

Yeah they're pretty greasy. I used to eat them alot until i found out that Lays Stax are all gluten free and made on a dedicated gluten free belt.

Sacramento, CA

Rheumatoid Arthritis since 1986

Gluten Free since 2005