Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IMWalt

Three Days!?!?!

On Tuesday I ate some suspect oatmeal. Bad cramps and gas started that afternoon. I figured I would be all better the next day, but it was not until today that I feel like my insides are back to normal.

When I first started eating gluten-free my symptoms went away quicker than that. I hope they don't last this long every time I get gluttoned!

Walt

Daughter diagnosed via positve blood work 09/2005 - she had negative biopsy

Sister Dx via bloodwork

Nephew has daughter with celiac disease Dx'd at age 6 months

Me - negative blood and biopsy, but HUGE dietary response. No question in my mind.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

On Tuesday I ate some suspect oatmeal. Bad cramps and gas started that afternoon. I figured I would be all better the next day, but it was not until today that I feel like my insides are back to normal.

When I first started eating gluten-free my symptoms went away quicker than that. I hope they don't last this long every time I get gluttoned!

Walt

My symptoms used to be a few days. Now it's a few weeks to a month. Oh well.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

I'm sick for 3 days when I get gluttoned. In the good old days it was only 1 day if I binged on croissants.

Vegetarian 1998

Wheat free 2001

Gluten free May 1, 2008.

When you go gluten free and your body heals you can react differently then you did in the past prior to being gluten free. From what I have read on here a lot of people say they react worse now then before and it can take days, weeks + to heal.

Hope you feel better. Good Luck

Rebecca

Partial Gluten Free March 2007

Completely Gluten Free February 2008

Tapioca Starch/Flour Free April 2008

No MSG July 2008

Cut out Nitrates//Nitrites January 2009

Problems with Tomatoes and Potatoes -- Cut out Nightshades Aug '09

what kind of oatmeal did you eat? most celaics cant tolerate them, even the gluten free kind sometimes. My problems all dissapeared after eliminating it, even though it was hhard :( I still want to try the gluten-free kind though.