Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SofiEmiMom

100% gluten-free Restaurant Sterling Heights Michigan

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I saw that in the newspaper today. It is only a couple of miles from where I live. I can't wait to try it. Wendy

My family and I ate there tonight. It is more of an eatery than a restaurant - just a couple of tables. Nice, clean environment. There are two people working and we got there during a dinner rush. The people were very nice but there was a bit of a wait and some dishes were sold out. I really think this is just because they opened recently and it will get worked out.

The food was excellent! I had chicken ka-bobs on vegetable rice - very, very nice flavors. My girls had the lemon chicken with pasta. They each loved it and asked to go back tomorrow (we live about an hour away). My husband had the meatloaf with peas and mashed potatoes. everything had nice flavor and it was great not to worry about cross contamination. They were quite busy. We were told that they also sell meals with heating instructions - you can take home and bake or freeze them.

I, like my girls, wish that we lived closer. It is near our medical offices and I think that I will schedule our appointments around mealtimes from now on! :D

What is the name of it?

A new restaurant just opened in Sterling Heights, MI on Mound Road between 16 and 17 that has 100% gluten-free menu!

gfcucinas.com

Jenny

(Texas girl in AZ)

Diag: 2/2008

Bloodwork - positive, 2/19/08

Biopsy - positive, 2/26/08

Colonoscopy - clean as a whistle!, 2/27/08

I just have to say the restaurant sounds great--and I'm jealous! :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

My family and I ate there tonight. It is more of an eatery than a restaurant - just a couple of tables. Nice, clean environment. There are two people working and we got there during a dinner rush. The people were very nice but there was a bit of a wait and some dishes were sold out. I really think this is just because they opened recently and it will get worked out.

The food was excellent! I had chicken ka-bobs on vegetable rice - very, very nice flavors. My girls had the lemon chicken with pasta. They each loved it and asked to go back tomorrow (we live about an hour away). My husband had the meatloaf with peas and mashed potatoes. everything had nice flavor and it was great not to worry about cross contamination. They were quite busy. We were told that they also sell meals with heating instructions - you can take home and bake or freeze them.

I, like my girls, wish that we lived closer. It is near our medical offices and I think that I will schedule our appointments around mealtimes from now on! :D

We finally went today and it was so nice! My little girls shared a pizza, my older daughter had the lemon chicken, I had the eggplant parmigana (if you're a vegetarian you have to ask for it without the meat sauce), my husband had the chicken kabobs, and we got dessert to go! It was really really delicious. And such a nice environment! It was fabulous to go to a restaurant and talk "gluten-free" with the staff and other customers! We're definitely going back a lot even though it is a little over a half hour drive!

Love it! Great food. They are so new, so their menu selection is somewhat limited but is growing. I eat there about once a week. It is so refreshing to go out to eat and not worry about gluten cross contact. I especially like the chicken kabobs, lemon chicken, and minestrone soup.