Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hacilar666

Washington State?

Hello everyone! I am not from Washington. However, I will be traveling to Yakima, WA in January. My husband and I have to attend a business dinner. Any suggestions for a "safe" restaurant in the area, preferably close to the Capitol Theatre. Thanks!

Treen Bean

A gluten free goddess in training! - 2 years and counting

Port Angeles, WA here! :)

I rarely eat out as there is very little choice here, but we've found a few places that know about celiac disease and work to get me food I can eat.

Alder Wood Bistro is one such place.

http://www.alderwoodbistro.com

They even offer gluten-free crackers. :o

- Cherie

Celiac, gluten-free since Feb 03

Hi all,

This is my first time in a chat room EVER :) I was diagnosed with celiac a year and a half ago and have just started my kids on a gluten-free diet as well. We live just outside Shelton, Wa. Shoping gluten-free here is pure torture !!!!! I just started buying off Amazon but find it hard to order something I dont know that I like and the stores here have a less than adequate selection. I am hoping to find some friendly people here that have tips especialy on packing school lunches :)

Gluten free on Capitol Hill, here.

I've been lurking in the forums for months now, but will finally say hello!

I think we should hold a Puget-wide PICNIC and have a bread-off! Or a pizza-off!.... im hungry....

:blink:

-------------------------------------------

Diagnosed Celiac June 2007

Gluten-free from that moment to this

Life is so much better with better food.

Anyone from Kirkland Bothell Area? We are new to the area and both gluten free

I'm in Bridle Trails part of Kirkland, used to live on Finn Hill.

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

Hi! I'm new to the board, and new to the Gluten-free lifestyle. The doctor told me I might have Celiac Disease last monday, and test results came in and confirmed this as of this morning (though I'd been doing my best to eat gluten-free in the meantime).

I live in Downtown Seattle (as the name implies), and I have only just begun my search for appropriate places to eat...

I've also tried to learn as much as I can about the disease, and foods I can/can't eat in the last week and a half, but there's so much information out there!! :blink:

Anyway, I just figured I'd say hi, and you'll probably see me on these boards regularly. :)

It amuses me that my doctor will only call it Celiac Sprue, or "The Sprue" for short. Call it whatever you want, I'm just glad he found what was making me sick. :)