Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerri

Eyes Swelling Shut

Don't know if this is another Celiac symptom. My eyes are swelling shut.

I will look good going to my step-daughters wedding on Saturday with my eyes swelled shut.

Hugs

Gerri

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It could be you are eating something that causes an allergic reaction, or it could be an infection in your eyes. Not everything is celiac related. I work for an optmetrist and we see things like this all the time...so far I have only met a few celiac's in my office. call for an appointment with your eye doctor, tell him/her your eyes are swelling shut, they should get you right in. A word of advice, go to the eye doctor first, not your PCP, optomitrist are much better at diagnosing eye problems.

Good luck!

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

My first thought is that it's something you are getting on your face, like soap, shampoo, or a skin care product, etc.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.