Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Day 2 Gluten Free - Overwhelmed At The Grocery Store

bdeanjon

The times I've had emotional reactions at a grocery store have been when I'm shopping with someone who is not gluten-free!

They can go and grab pretty much whatever they want while I'm reading labels and passing by a lot of aisles. On my own or with my mother who is also gluten-free, passing by so many of the aisles feels like a relief! And there aren't any gluteny items going in the cart as a distraction, or even TALK of those items!

Also, if this helps, my mom and I always laugh because we go to the HEALTH food store to buy our JUNK food!

We buy our meats, veggies, fruits, nuts and beans at the chains Stop & Shop and Big Y, but we go to the local health food stores for the more expensive, specialty treats like gluten-free cookies (Nana's! EnjoyLife!), Lara Bars, FruitaBu...

That's our system! Hope it helps

Junk food from the health food store... :lol::lol::lol::rolleyes::blink:

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

LOL foiled! :lol:

5 bags of Enjoy Life Choco Chips in freezer!

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

Archived