Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bdeanjon

Day 2 Gluten Free - Overwhelmed At The Grocery Store

The times I've had emotional reactions at a grocery store have been when I'm shopping with someone who is not gluten-free!

They can go and grab pretty much whatever they want while I'm reading labels and passing by a lot of aisles. On my own or with my mother who is also gluten-free, passing by so many of the aisles feels like a relief! And there aren't any gluteny items going in the cart as a distraction, or even TALK of those items!

Also, if this helps, my mom and I always laugh because we go to the HEALTH food store to buy our JUNK food!

We buy our meats, veggies, fruits, nuts and beans at the chains Stop & Shop and Big Y, but we go to the local health food stores for the more expensive, specialty treats like gluten-free cookies (Nana's! EnjoyLife!), Lara Bars, FruitaBu...

That's our system! Hope it helps

Junk food from the health food store... :lol::lol::lol::rolleyes::blink:

LOL foiled! :lol:

5 bags of Enjoy Life Choco Chips in freezer!

hey where on the Central Coast are you? I live In Santa Cruz Co. Im pretty new to the Gluten Diet and Ive been doing pretty good. It was hard in the begining. and I still do alot of Researching.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

CB, sorry to hear you're still having problems.  Deficiency of Vitamin B12 can cause diarrhea.  It's a frequently overlooked symptom.  Did you discuss with your doctor what to do about the B12 deficiency? Shots or oral supplements?  ...
    I think you should consider getting tested for celiac disease in order to help rule out gluten ataxia.  Why?  I just had anemia.  No GI issues with gluten.  I never would have guessed that I had celiac disease.  
    My mom has Graves.  I much prefer Hashimoto’s!  I had a few thyroid swings and it is easier to be hypo than hyper.  My Mom has permanent eye damage as a result.  If you have Graves, get treatment which may include surgery.  Her ferritin levels a...