Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emilyjean

Anyone Still Having Stomach Problems After Being Off Of Gluten For At Least A Year?

I finally made it! Today is my year and a half anniversary of no gluten (with the exception of quite a few mess ups in the beginning) and my stomach is finally doing really really well! It feels great, no pain, no nausea, no vomiting when I eat. yeah! So here's what I learned

1. Be patient! It might take awhile before your gut heals really well from the damage of gluten.

2. Be very strict and don't cheat. The second you get to 0 gluten, the faster your gut will heal.

3. Realize that you could have other food allergies in addition to gluten. (I'm also allergic to soy, nuts, and dairy) none of these foods aggravate my gut as much as gluten, but removing then helped to speed up the recovery. Try an elimination diet to discover your food triggers.

4. My Doctor has had me taking for the last year-- probiotics, fish oil, digestive enzymes. They all help to restore the damage of gluten to your gut. They really help!

5. Natural ginger and peppermint really help with digestion, while your gut is recovering from gluten!

6. and make sure you don't cheat. While I was cheating on the celiac gluten free diet, it was wreaking havoc on other parts of my body. I just didn't realize it until things got really bad.

Congratulations!!!! ;)

I've been gluten free for fifteen months....sometimes I feel "Hey, this is working!" other times I wonder "if this is EVER going to work!" I know it took many years to get to this much damage so it's going to take awhile to heal but sometimes, like now, I get so discouraged!

I do thank you for posting this.

By the way I've tried several times to read you blog but can't get it!

Have a great day!!