Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonine73

Healing Issues

Several years now I have suspected that my two sons and I suffer from gluten problems. Due to lack of insurance we have been unable to be tested for celiac. My oldest son has had gerd since he was born, the other chronic diahrea. Anyway, since going gluten free three weeks ago we are all starting to feel more energetic. My two sons however are having strange bowel movements. One time it will be like water and the next time normal. They feel fine - I was just wondering if this is a normal part of the healing process or if maybe they were contaminated by something. Has anyone else had this experience?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Jonine,

Assuming your sons have a gluten issues, it takes time and 100% accuracy in removing gluten from their diet. Non food product can hide gluten as well. Scratched pots and pans, used toasters, wooden cutting boards and spoons, lotions, lipbalms, meds and vitamins and even some school supplies can all be sources of gluten. And dairy can mimic gluten symptoms, so it's recommended to go dairy light or eliminate it for a while.

Keep a food diary for a while. That can help you isolate a potential problem.

It's very complicated in the beginning. :( I hope you find your answer. :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

You know I still get that sometimes and I can't always tell why. I'm lactose intolerant but I can still manage a little butter and aged cheeses. I suspect I may be becoming sensitive to those too. I can't see the pattern yet but a food diary would do it.