This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Biopsies Labelled Abnormal

Magician

Magician Rookie

After telling me the biopsies were 'normal' the print out of the actual report state 'abnormal'.

She has told me to begin a Celiac diet but not to start it until the final tests are done.

I am confused. First she says not to worry, everything's OK. Then the lab work indicates biopsies abnormal.

She has also requested all blood work to be redone and has added one I've never heard of: INR. Does anyone know what that one is for?

Also 2 of the blood tests came back abnormal. The first for Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Iga, 21 EU/mL and C Reactive Protein 9.31 mg/L.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rinne Apprentice

Hi,

:( Sorry to hear that you are worried, worry is not good, trust me I have spent a lot of time doing it. :lol:

Here's a question for you, "do you want to eat?"

Chances are if you want to eat then you will live, not very scientific but I think an important factor. :)

You have already seen your symptoms change when you restricted gluten, our bodies are wonderfully made to want to heal and when we take away that which is hurting us our bodies can do that. It will take time but you can heal.

Trust yourself, trust your fear, (don't trust your worry :P ) and listen to what your body wants and needs.

At one point I could barely tolerate any food and I decided to treat my stomach as if it was a small baby, I would only eat what I would be comfortable feeding a baby. It helped. At another point I juiced cabbage juice until I could do no more. :lol: It helped.

Acupuncture helped. I realized while I was laying there twice a week for an hour that all my life I had found the hard way up the mountain and then once I had made it that far I would fall again and again and again. :ph34r::lol: I have broken bones to confirm that. :lol: I also realized that behind me were pillows, pillows that had always been there, small ways to take care of myself, to listen and trust that what I needed would appear. :)

Even illness can be seen as an opportunity.

Perrier anytime. :)

rinne Apprentice

Sorry I can't be of any help with the tests, perhaps someone else can. :)

Magician Rookie

Hi, Rinne. Thanks for your reply.

I am not on a non-gluten diet yet but will go on it very, very soon. Just have to get this Cat Scan done and wait to hear back with the results.

A quick glance at the blood tests to my uneducated eye, it looks like the doctor is examining my liver and blood clotting. I don't know what if anything these sort of tests will tell her?

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Hi, Rinne. Thanks for your reply.

I am not on a non-gluten diet yet but will go on it very, very soon. Just have to get this Cat Scan done and wait to hear back with the results.

A quick glance at the blood tests to my uneducated eye, it looks like the doctor is examining my liver and blood clotting. I don't know what if anything these sort of tests will tell her?

If all blood work and testing specifically for celiac is done you should be able to start the diet. Being on the diet is not going to effect the results of the Cat scan other than to perhaps negate the need for one. As for the liver and clotting tests, some people with celiac will have impaired or even autoimmune issues with the liver. Lack of absorption of vit K can effect the clotting of the blood. I don't know what other things she may be looking for.

rinne Apprentice

Oh,oh, so embarrassed :) I got you mixed up with Whistle, must be that Manitoba connection. :lol:

I hope your doctor can provide you with some clarity soon.

Magician Rookie

That's OK. I am only a Magician! LOL

My number one complaint is the endless gas whether or not I eat anything.

And the really rotten ones (sorry!) which smell like baby poop. All of the poops

float and if they are runny they stick to the bowl. (again sorry!)

I hardly leave the house these days because I'm so embarrassed by the gas.

:ph34r:

Oh,oh, so embarrassed :) I got you mixed up with Whistle, must be that Manitoba connection. :lol:

I hope your doctor can provide you with some clarity soon.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rinne Apprentice

I can't remember if we talked about dairy before, are you eating dairy? Gas is one indication of problems with it. Floating poop, not good, you probably have malabsorption, do you see undigested food?

I think it is good to get over our squeamishness about poop. :lol:

Magician Rookie

I love milk and dairy but have not eaten or drank much of it for a bit now.

Trial and error has revealed that eating Kraft singles (or some other brand) results in nasty gas.

I am on a cream cheese binge at the moment and have discovered the most delightful brand which is natural. No long unpronounciable names in the ingredient list. Just cream and locust bean gum.

I've had zero for gas with this cream cheese brand.

Yeah, I know poop is a topic not discussed much even though we all have it. LOL

I am not in the habit of examining it, either. Only thing I notice is it appears any pepper skins, apple skins, etc. all pass right through. Undigested. Perhaps this is normal who knows?

rinne Apprentice

I think that when someone's digestion is working properly it is all digested.

One thing I make an effort to do, and it is an effort because I grew up with six and brothers and sisters and if you wanted to eat more you ate fast :lol: , is to chew my food very thoroughly. It is said that digestion begins in the mouth. :)

You might want to peel your apples for now, when our digestion is challenged it is good to give it a break. I'm glad you found cream cheese you like. I have been making goat milk yogurt which I then drip to make a soft goat cream cheese. It is yummy. I've even made a sherbet with it and lemon juice and honey that I serve with apple tarts made with almond flour. Eating that I know I am not deprived at all. :lol:

I eat the goat yogurt twice a day and the probiotics I am getting from it are really helping my digestion. I found that I just can't take the probiotic supplements.

Archived