This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Private Messages

weluvgators

weluvgators Explorer

I am getting a lot of errors with private messaging today. Can anyone help me figure out why it is acting so strange?

Specifically, it errors when I have tried to return a message from older discussions with people here. And then I am getting an error saying that I cannot PM again for an hour. But I am not even getting a PM out. I think I understand that you cannot PM members until they are in the group "Advanced Members" - is that correct? I have never seen a time limit associated with the PMs that I send out in the past. I am just confused!!

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Scott Adams Grand Master

Yes, due to issues with spammers there is a time limit associated with sending personal messages and emails via the board.

Take care,

Scott

weluvgators Explorer

Thanks, Scott!

Has it always been that way, and I just never noticed it? Or is it something new that was incorporated? And why can I not PM people that I have previously contacted here? And do I understand correctly about getting errors when trying to PM people that are new here, that they must be in the "Advanced Members" group?

Sorry I am still confused! Keila :)

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Yes, due to issues with spammers there is a time limit associated with sending personal messages and emails via the board.

Take care,

Scott

I have had this occur also and as a long time member of the board i find it very troubling to not be able to return messages from other members when they ask a question of me. I am able to send one message but it is much more than an hour that I am prevented from replying I ususally have to wait for the next day. I understand the issue with spam but there has to be a way for long time members to get around this issue. It troubles me that people that are asking for important info on subjects might think that I am ignoring them. If there is any way to fix that? I and I am sure others would really appretiate it.

Thanks

Krista

weluvgators Explorer

Yes, I am troubled too, as I cannot even access the last PM that I received. It seems that I no longer have any PM privileges.

Scott Adams Grand Master

Unfortunately extreme circumstances require extreme measures--the spamming problem has reached a critical level...

Take care,

Scott

mushroom Proficient
Unfortunately extreme circumstances require extreme measures--the spamming problem has reached a critical level...

Take care,

Scott

I commented to Dh, last night, ohmigod, we have just been spammed big time! I appreciate the problem. Is there no way we can filter out the one-timers versus the long-timers?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 3 months later...
Lost Scribe Newbie

I'm still pretty new here, and trying to pick up on the rules. What is the time limit for new members and PM's? I received an email telling me I had a message, then couldn't access it. I feel bad that someone will think I am ignoring them, do they get an error message too so they know it is nothing intentional?

Lost Scribe Newbie
I'm still pretty new here, and trying to pick up on the rules. What is the time limit for new members and PM's? I received an email telling me I had a message, then couldn't access it. I feel bad that someone will think I am ignoring them, do they get an error message too so they know it is nothing intentional?

I owe someone here an apology, I'm not sure who, but I hope they see this. I have apparently been breaking the rules. I thought I was just losing my mind and kept putting my link back in my signature. I was negligent about reading the rules, and received several warnings. I am sorry for not reading the rules as carefully as I should have.

The message referred to in the above post was a warning from admin that I couldn't receive. My question is, can admin override the no PM rule? Had I been able to receive the PM I would have jumped on board and began following the rules immediately.

Archived