lkonya

Question About Soy Allergy

Rate this topic

I am allergic to soy, but if I consume soybean oil I do OK and don't have symptoms. Do I need to be worried about damaging the villi in my intestines if I don't have symptoms or become ill from the soybean oil. I do, however, get extremely sick from any of the other types of soy. Can anyone tell me should I be consuming the soybean oil?

It could be that the substance that causes the reactions is not present in the oil, but if you are concerned at all why not just change to a different oil, like olive or coconut or something?

As far as I know, you do not need to be concerned about soy ruining the villi of your intestines. Are you sure you're allergic to soy or just intolerant? Many celiacs are intolerant until their intestines heal.

But if you don't feel good eating soy, don't do it! Look for options. But soy does not contain the gluten protein that celiacs tend to have a negative reaction to.

Many who are intolerant of gluten also have problems with other grains and starches - corn and soy intolerances are very common (so also is dairy although the reaction to that is to the lactose). The oil contains no starch so that may be why you don't react to it.

Why not try cutting grains and starches in general for a while, and dairy too if you think you may be intolerant of that, and see whether it makes any difference? You can get plenty of mono-saccharide carbs from fresh fruit and veggies - after all there are a number of communities out there who manage to exist quite happily, and healthily, without any processed carbs!