cbear6301

State Fairs

Rate this topic

I want to attend the Iowa State Fair. I have read other posts about fairs and celiac groups giving lists of foods..Is there someone to contact at the fair or do I contact a local celiac group?

thank you!

I want to attend the Iowa State Fair. I have read other posts about fairs and celiac groups giving lists of foods..Is there someone to contact at the fair or do I contact a local celiac group?

thank you!

I live in Des Moines and am pretty new to this but you might check out the Central Iowa Celiac Connection website: http://gfiowa.us/cigfi/ Barb Huyette is the head of the group I think, and I know she has contact info somewhere on the site, I just don't have the time to look for it right now. When I have some time I'll browse and post what I find. If you find out anything please reply to me - I would LOVE to know what I can eat at the fair!!!

Libby

My family are fair concessonaires and the gluten-free products we sell are:

Cotton cany

snokones

taffy

peanuts

soft drinks

popcorn

Butterscotch corn

fudge

caramel apples

I would stay away from anything fried unless all they do is gluten-free-- like Texas potato chips, loaded french fries. Unfortunately, a fair just screams CC at me.

My family loves to attend the Fall Fest in Evansville where they have a whole street shut off and nothing but food booths up and down the street. Everything from buffalo to alligator (anything unusual, as well as the common fair foods). I always leave without having tried anything as I cannot be sure if it's safe. :angry: