bethlany88

Im A Mental Wreck, Please Help!

Rate this topic

:( I have been gluten free for about two months now, and at first my thyroid went back to normal, was warm again, hair stopped falling out, etc. and now I seem to be going backwards again.

I feel like a total nut case. the brain fog is SO intense and my head trips hard and scary. Ive found that im allergic to grass, and probably a few other things. When I am exposed to too much grass ie. when it gets cut, The brain fog gets SO bad and my head trips. Does anyone else here have this. And I wheze all the time, and dont know why exactly.

I worry that I will never figure out all that im allergic to and that I will never be healthy or sane again. Ive never really had the typical GI symptoms, except that im really thin and short from malabsorbtion. My main symptoms are chronic fatige, brain fog, memory/cognitive probs, Low estrogen, Low D, Low Iron, low thyroid, anxiety, crying, etc.

Did ANYONE on here recover from being a freaking NUT CASE after a long period of being gluten free? my email is bntburris@yahoo.com. I check that more than come on these sites. email me there if you can.

thanks

I know what you are going through. I was in therapy and on a bunch of different medications for a long time before going gluten-free, none of which really helped all that much. It did seem to get a little bit worse after I went gluten free. I was starting to think I might be bipolar or something. I don't know if that's the detox or what. But after I cut out dairy, soy and eggs, I felt much better (physically too). I know it's really hard and puts a ton of strain on your relationships but if you are really strict about your diet I think it will get better. It took me about 4 or 5 months.

if you have grass allergies (severely) and possible other allergies, go see an allergist. that could be the cause of the wheezing, but they may also be able to either give you an antihistamine that will help, or allergy shots (doesn't work for all allergies). allergies alone can make you feel totally spacy and crappy - it might not even be the gluten free diet not yet taking effect.