txplowgirl

Makeup And Lipstick

Rate this topic

Ever since I was a teen when I used make up expecially eye shadow my eye lids would itch and lipstick would cause my lips to itch and swell. I tried hypoallergenic makeup sometimes it would work sometimes not. I got to the point I quit using it altogether. Just in the last few days I've had my ah ha moment and went DUH! ;) Gluten is the darn problem. "Slap myself upside the head here" :D

Took 30 yrs to figure that out.

Ever since I was a teen when I used make up expecially eye shadow my eye lids would itch and lipstick would cause my lips to itch and swell. I tried hypoallergenic makeup sometimes it would work sometimes not. I got to the point I quit using it altogether. Just in the last few days I've had my ah ha moment and went DUH! ;) Gluten is the darn problem. "Slap myself upside the head here" :D

Took 30 yrs to figure that out.

There are a few threads in the products section on gluten free makeup and lip products, be sure to check them out. There is some nice stuff available.

I feel your pain as it took me a long time to figure it out as well. Once I eliminated gluten, egg, soy and dairy, I couldn't figure out why I was still having eczema and symptoms. Within the past month, my husband and I called almost ever cosmetic company and the products companies I know order my makeup from are: Tag Makeup, Monavi (sp?) and After Glow. However, I did finally find a mascara that is gluten free/soy free by Estee Lauder. I always wondered why my eye lids itched and I had red lines on my eye balls all of the time. Since I started using these products I have been fine. I also just received a 5 page letter from Mary Kary (after my husband got into with them) which lists their allergens. It is a great source of information and is broken out by Nuts/seed, Soy, Gluten. I tried to post it, but it's a PDF and not sure how to do it.