boriquaabe718

Advice Please...

Rate this topic

I was told by an md that my srue count was a little high and I should try staying away from wheat gluten i also tested pos for H.Pylori...(you can read my other posts for more details) It's been almost 4 months gluten free with a couple of mistakes... not much has gotten better my eczema got worse my energy levels went way down my bloating went away and the acne on my back cleared up.... Last night I drank a beer and my Gfriend was making pasta salad she asked me to see if it was done and I tried one piece before I snapped... anyway should I have been affected by this if I had a real problem with gluten? or could alot of my symptoms be related to H.Pylori/low stomach acid which I know I have... P.s I followed the diet carefully I bought new cookware and ate only protein and veggies and fruit...Thx Abe

Does your dr consider your H. Pylori healed?

Does your dr consider your H. Pylori healed?

well... I was prescribed the triple therapy of antibiotics and pepto...it was awful and I did some research and found out that it doesn't fix the problem... I read info on low stomach acid being the real culprit for h.pylori. So I stopped the treatment(I hate antibiotics BTW). I started taking some Betaine HCL and I started having normal burps not gargles and my BM went from light brown or Tannish beige to Dark brown....I don't have health insurance nor much money for doctors...thanks for any info you have.

I was also diagnosed with h pylori. I took the antibiotics for them and was afterwood tested and was free of the bacteria. H pylori can cause other complications (gastritis, ulcers, stomach cancers) so as much as you do not like antibiotics (I dont' think anybody likes them) it's not a good idea to stop taking antibiotics.

I was also diagnosed with h pylori. I took the antibiotics for them and was afterwood tested and was free of the bacteria. H pylori can cause other complications (gastritis, ulcers, stomach cancers) so as much as you do not like antibiotics (I dont' think anybody likes them) it's not a good idea to stop taking antibiotics.

well...your never "free" of H.pylori it lives in the intestines and from what I've read digestive acids are what keep H.pylori. I've read many testimonials from people who did the antibiotic treatment and proliferation of the bacteria returned and they were instructed to take antibiotics again. I don't think in my humble opinion it is wise to take antibiotics so frequently if at all. Sure the use of antibiotics will result in a negative H.pylori test because the antibiotics will go in and wipe out every trace of bacteria good or bad. I have also read that the test for H.pylori isn't even really that accurate. Anyway, what were your symptoms of H.pylori. I just want to know if my symptoms could just be the proliferation of H.pylori and not an intolerance to gluten. I'll worry about how to take care of the H.pylori. I'm just not taking antibiotics period. I had 5 eye surgeries this past year and they pumped full of enough antibiotics... thanks for the help

My friend has recurring h pylori issues... so I understand your frustration with the antibiotic treatment. I think she's been on abx a couple of time, and it keeps flaring back up. I think she finally is looking into some alternate treatments, and changing some of the things that she is eating.

Anyway, to your question: Did you get a copy of the blood work and the tests that were performed? It is very possible to have celiac and not be symptomatic. The testing for celiac does not often yield false positives, if ever, so, I would think if the results were high and indicative of celiac, you probably have it. Have you thought about any other food issues that might be causing you to continue feeling not so great?

My friend has recurring h pylori issues... so I understand your frustration with the antibiotic treatment. I think she's been on abx a couple of time, and it keeps flaring back up. I think she finally is looking into some alternate treatments, and changing some of the things that she is eating.

Anyway, to your question: Did you get a copy of the blood work and the tests that were performed? It is very possible to have celiac and not be symptomatic. The testing for celiac does not often yield false positives, if ever, so, I would think if the results were high and indicative of celiac, you probably have it. Have you thought about any other food issues that might be causing you to continue feeling not so great?

I haven't gotten the test results yet, but plan to. He just said it was"kind of high" he mentioned some numbers but said it was not above the range where this great concern??? just a little high...whatever that means... It seems right now after I eat anything my energy is just zapped... it doesn't matter what I eat... it's been about 4 months since I cut the gluten out with a couple of mistakes along the way. It's as if my metabolism or digestion is really sluggish.