David

Cafe Piccalo In Long Beach, Ca

Rate this topic

Hey All:

If you ever find yourselves in Long Beach and are looking for a great, romantic place to eat, go to Cafe Piccalo (http://cafepiccolo.com/)... They don't have a specific gluten-free menu, but the chef (and most of the waitstaff, are very knowledgeable about gluten-free--my waitress last night wasn't, but I've heard from a friend that other waitstaff members are--and my waitress was very helpful, once I explained it.)

They also have gluten-free Angel Hair Noodles that can be substituted upon request..... Piccalo was always my favorite restaurant in Long Beach before I knew I had celiac disease, and was thrilled to learn I could eat there now.... I was nervous because I'm so spoiled with the gluten-free menus at PF Chang's and other places, but I had no ill effects, and the food tasted wonderful as always...

I really respect the national chains for their gluten-free menus, but it was really nice to go to an independent restaurant with a lot of character and ambiance, you can't always say that about Outback Steakhouse or some of the other chains :).

Thanks,

David

Good to know!

I've never been there, but I'm in the area frequently, so I'll have to check it out.