GatorFan

Gluten Free Iphone Apps

Rate this topic

As an iPhone user, I am seeing some solid Gluten Free Apps that make life a lot easier for those with gluten sensitivities, celiac, etc. For grocery shopping, "Is That Gluten Free?" has a pretty substantial list, is very informative and is not as expensive as other apps like the Celiac SmartList. For restaurants, "I Eat Out Gluten and Allergen Free" seems to be a great choice. If you want to check them out and have an iPhone, just search the name or search gluten in the App Store. Now if I could only find a gluten-free bread that my son likes to eat...I'd be happy!

I am getting an iPhone just for the gluten apps! Can you please tell me where you find the apps? I'm not sure what the App Store is. Thanks!

I am getting an iPhone just for the gluten apps! Can you please tell me where you find the apps? I'm not sure what the App Store is. Thanks!

When you get an iPhone, there are two ways to access all of the available applications: (1) In the iTunes store (on your computer) there is a section called "App Store" which contains all of the apps that can be searched and purchased; (2) On your iPhone, there is an icon for the App store which lets you search and access all of the apps as well. There are many resources for gluten free...the ones I have listed above are great!

So far, all the apps I have downloaded for my iPhone have been gluten free. I haven't been glutened by a single one!

(sorry, I just couldn't resist) ;)

When you get an iPhone, there are two ways to access all of the available applications: (1) In the iTunes store (on your computer) there is a section called "App Store" which contains all of the apps that can be searched and purchased; (2) On your iPhone, there is an icon for the App store which lets you search and access all of the apps as well. There are many resources for gluten free...the ones I have listed above are great!

Thanks! I can't wait to get it!

As many nice Iphone apps that are out there the one thing that is not out there is a good restaurant finder that will show restaurants will menus (not just fast food i am aware of the iEatOut app its only fast food) and rate the quality of those restaurants as we all know just because they have a menu does not mean they are necessarily good. I find some large cities have apps but what about the rest of the country we don't all live in New York. While I happen to be a database person that could make the database of the restaurants, menus, and ratings.. it is not a one person project. I would love to know if there are others out there that would desire a searchable restaurant app that would be willing to do things like rate restaurants in there areas around the country. And any programmers that can help program the app portion. I have contacts that are even willing to help find grants to help fund the costs of creating the programming but the labor and passion is important. In the past when this has been brought up on other boards people have said 'yes great' but not a lot of people saying they would actually want to use it or help with it. So looking for peoples ideas, thoughts, and if there are any volunteers. :) Thanks. PS I think the app should be free to the public if at all possible we have to pay enough extra for our food we shouldn't have to pay to find it. :)

Thanks