LadyAshleyR

Dh On My Tongue?

Rate this topic

So I got glutened today.

I had a bag of frozen vegetables in my freezer, and not thinking about it at all, cooked and ate an entire bowl.

Not too long afterward, I felt the bloating hit me, and got a blister on the underside of my tongue!

While I was in the bathroom being sick, I realized I've had the blister on my tongue more than once, and probably in reaction to eating those vegetables and not realizing they had wheat in them.

Is this considered DH?

Anyone else get tongue blisters when glutened?

Yes, one of the worse memories of my childhood was having blisters on my tongue and inside my lower lip. A child cannot explain what it is like to teachers who said that it was eating too many sweets and just a "softy." My parents tried to help, but they were not given any diagnosis so there was little they could do.

declan

So I got glutened today.

I had a bag of frozen vegetables in my freezer, and not thinking about it at all, cooked and ate an entire bowl.

Not too long afterward, I felt the bloating hit me, and got a blister on the underside of my tongue!

While I was in the bathroom being sick, I realized I've had the blister on my tongue more than once, and probably in reaction to eating those vegetables and not realizing they had wheat in them.

Is this considered DH?

Anyone else get tongue blisters when glutened?

Yes that is a symptom

Oh joy.

Hopefully since I quit gluten my symptoms won't progress.

I didn't have bad reactions until shortly after I had my daughter.

Then I started having horrible IBS reactions, and blisters on my fingers, toes, tongue, and scalp, whereas before, i just had a few every once in a while on my fingers, and a few here and there on my face and scalp.

Oh joy.

Hopefully since I quit gluten my symptoms won't progress.

I didn't have bad reactions until shortly after I had my daughter.

Then I started having horrible IBS reactions, and blisters on my fingers, toes, tongue, and scalp, whereas before, i just had a few every once in a while on my fingers, and a few here and there on my face and scalp.

I just recently discovered that you can get them on the tongue. I've been plagued with geographic tongue since my teen years and my docs have always been clueless why mine hurt and itch (I guess they are only supposed to look like continents on your tongue). I've heard others say that they hurt but now since they came from my recent gluten challenge it does make me wonder....

Biopsy confirmed with DH May of 2000 and yes had many blisters in my mouth along with ulcers on my tongue.