Rate this topic

Does anyone know if it's gluten-free or not? The pharmacist I talked to said it was not on her yes or no list. We went to another pharmacy and they're trying to find out, but I wanted to know if anyone here has any experience with it.

Ask your pharmacist for the leaflet that comes with the drug. It will have the makers name so you can contact them directly. That is the safest and surest way to get an answer. By the way your pharm should be checking with companies not going off a list.

Also check you bottle, many times the maker of the drug is on the label somewhere. If it is you can do a search for the company and get their phone number off of the web for contact.

I can't attest to its gluten free status but here is a link from pfizer. Click on the first one in the link and it brings up all the information in a pdf file. You'll still probably have to contact them for sure.

http://www.pfizer.com/general/search_resul...=procardia#1089

I took it for preterm labor during my pregnancy with my oldest son back in 2000. I went into preterm labor at 32 weeks after getting dehydrated from the flu. They stabalized me and sent me home on bed rest but went back in the hospital less than a week later. I was then sent home with the procardia to take to slow the contractions. I took it until I was 36 wks when they had me stop it. I went on to deliver him at 39 weeks 4 days. So it worked! I don't know if that is why you are taking it or for a heart related problem. I just wanted to share my experience I had when I took it. :)

I took it for preterm labor during my pregnancy with my oldest son back in 2000. I went into preterm labor at 32 weeks after getting dehydrated from the flu. They stabalized me and sent me home on bed rest but went back in the hospital less than a week later. I was then sent home with the procardia to take to slow the contractions. I took it until I was 36 wks when they had me stop it. I went on to deliver him at 39 weeks 4 days. So it worked! I don't know if that is why you are taking it or for a heart related problem. I just wanted to share my experience I had when I took it. :)

Yep, that is unfortunately why I am taking it. I ended up with the generic nifedipine, which did appear on a gluten-free list that I found searching. I seem to have gotten a bacterial infection somewhere along my travels this summer and that set off contractions yesterday. Thanks Atlantic Ocean! :lol:

Things seem much calmer today, but one of the drugs they gave me is knocking me out... I'm wondering if it's the procardia since my BP runs on the low side as it is.

Thanks! :)

Yep, that is unfortunately why I am taking it. I ended up with the generic nifedipine, which did appear on a gluten-free list that I found searching. I seem to have gotten a bacterial infection somewhere along my travels this summer and that set off contractions yesterday. Thanks Atlantic Ocean! :lol:

Things seem much calmer today, but one of the drugs they gave me is knocking me out... I'm wondering if it's the procardia since my BP runs on the low side as it is.

Thanks! :)

My dr diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis also at 5 weeks. I had to take medicine for that. It might have played a role in the preterm labor later since it could have resurfaced. I felt very dragged down from taking it also. The good thing though after I was on the meds and bed rest for those 4 weeks, I went back to work till the day I delivered him. Everyone thought I was nuts! :lol: You and baby just keep taking it easy! ;)

My dr diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis also at 5 weeks. I had to take medicine for that. It might have played a role in the preterm labor later since it could have resurfaced. I felt very dragged down from taking it also. The good thing though after I was on the meds and bed rest for those 4 weeks, I went back to work till the day I delivered him. Everyone thought I was nuts! :lol: You and baby just keep taking it easy! ;)

We're just hanging out today :rolleyes:

Thankfully, they are not putting me on restrictions at this point, and I only have to take the procardia until the contractions stop. I'm debating on whether to take one more tonight and see how tomorrow goes without it. I feel like a total flake right now :lol::lol: