arkoflove

Do They Dust Chocolate Chips?

Rate this topic

I'm still trying to figure out if I got cc glutened this weekend, or if I have another food intolerance. You may have seen my post on bloating returning after eating gluten-free carbs...

One thing I had on each of the days with new foods- chocolate chips. Could those have been the culprit? If not, I'm looking at a possible issue with cornmeal, or cc issues with Bobs Red Mill chocolate brownie, and cornbread mixes.

Does anyone know if they can legally do something to keep choc chips from sticking without labeling it on the package?

I'm just reaching for anything here...Sorry if it sounds crazy!! :P

Thanks!

Megan

Call the 800# on the package, and see what the company says. There are chocolate chips that are gluten free, google it.

Some cornmeal is not gluten free...you should watch the package and check for the words "gluten free" and then it still may be CC'd.

Call the 800# on the package, and see what the company says. There are chocolate chips that are gluten free, google it.

Some cornmeal is not gluten free...you should watch the package and check for the words "gluten free" and then it still may be CC'd.

The Cornmeal was a gluten-free bob's mix...I'll have to google gluten-free chocolate chips. Thanks! Don't they have to list all ingredients tho?

I'm still trying to figure out if I got cc glutened this weekend, or if I have another food intolerance. You may have seen my post on bloating returning after eating gluten-free carbs...

One thing I had on each of the days with new foods- chocolate chips. Could those have been the culprit? If not, I'm looking at a possible issue with cornmeal, or cc issues with Bobs Red Mill chocolate brownie, and cornbread mixes.

Does anyone know if they can legally do something to keep choc chips from sticking without labeling it on the package?

I'm just reaching for anything here...Sorry if it sounds crazy!! :P

Thanks!

Megan

I've read on this site that some people have had issues before with Bobs Red Mill products.

Good luck!

JoAnn

What kind of chocolate chips were they? There are some at our health food store that are sweetened with grain. I'm not sure they are gluten-free. Other than those, I've never seen any unsafe ones.

ANY wheat would have to be listed.

richard