no-more-muffins

Anxiety

Rate this topic

I had really bad anxiety before I stopped eating gluten. I developed it when I started seeing other symptoms. It has improved a lot since I stopped eating gluten 3 months ago but I still feel mildy anxious a lot of the time. It is a physical nervous/anxious feeling and it is accompanied by nausea about 90% of the time.

I know that anxiety can be related to celiac disease and GS and I am wondering if I can expect this to go away eventually? I think it is caused by a nutritional deficiency or something. I hate waking up every morning feeling nervous. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and whether your anxiety finally got better after the "6-12 month" healing time. Is this just one of those things that "takes awhile" to go away?

Anxiety was a tough one for me. I was anxious to the point of panic attacks before going gluten-free. I saw gradual improvement on the diet, but I would say it was 18 months before I "turned a corner" with the anxiety.

After 4 years, it still comes back when I accidently get glutened. I always feel like it's there, lurking, ready to come out. I think some of that is the memory of how I would feel in certain situations and the fear that I was going to get sick.

It does get better though :)

I had really bad anxiety before I stopped eating gluten. I developed it when I started seeing other symptoms. It has improved a lot since I stopped eating gluten 3 months ago but I still feel mildy anxious a lot of the time. It is a physical nervous/anxious feeling and it is accompanied by nausea about 90% of the time.

I know that anxiety can be related to celiac disease and GS and I am wondering if I can expect this to go away eventually? I think it is caused by a nutritional deficiency or something. I hate waking up every morning feeling nervous. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and whether your anxiety finally got better after the "6-12 month" healing time. Is this just one of those things that "takes awhile" to go away?

Hi, I am now 2 years gluten and dairy free and I can totally relate to your story. It did improve slowly, but I was still struggling with morning anxiety. My doctor recommended something called the Alpha-Stim SCS. In two weeks I feel better than I have in years. I really believe gluten was the cause of my original anxiety and panic and I think the combination of diet and using this device is pretty terrific. I don't work for the company or make money, etc... I just can't believe it can help the morning anxiety as much as it has. It is 100% gone after using the device and staying on my gluten/casein free diet. Take care.

Leslie