lynn_123

What I Know So Far

Rate this topic

My doctor did what she called a celiac panel and it showed my IgA at 236 (in the high end of normal range), my tissue transglutaminase IgA at 9. I continue to develop rash on my elbows, wrists, shoulder blades and my ears and eyebrows are itchy sometimes now. Today I developed an itchy blister on my thumb. There are lots of pains like pins sticking in me at the rash sites.

I had cut out gluten for about four days and got better, but then my doc told me to put it back in if I'm going to get worked up for this, so I started consuming gluten again and I am miserable. After two days on gluten the thumb blister has developed and my eyebrows are itching. I cannot get in to see my dermatologist until 11/10. I'm so miserable, I'm not sure I can make it that long.

As far as other labs, my hypothyroidism was confirmed with a TSH of 43.25 and a free thyroxine of 0.64. I am on synthroid and feeling much better where that's concerned. I am wondering if this is all autoimmune -- Hashimoto's and DH hand in hand.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

Lynn

Hi Lynn and Welcome,

Could you post your full panel results here. Many people can help you interpret them.

Hi Lynn and Welcome,

Could you post your full panel results here. Many people can help you interpret them.

I would love to post more, but that's all she did. I wish she had done more, but she's a family doctor and called that a celiac panel. I'm sure there's more that would tell a bigger story. Can you tell me anything from just those results?

Lynn

As a quick fix for your DH, since you can't see a derm. I have used foot cream for atheletes foot. It worked for me taking the itch out when I was away from home.

Another thing to try is Sarna Lotion, the one with Pramoxamine. It's a painkiller and helps reduce itching.

Also, NSAIDs like Advil and naproxen can aggravate DH, as well as excess amounts of iodine. Make sure you aren't using iodized salt. You'll have to talk to your Dr. since you already have a thyroid problem, you may have to start watching your iodine intake carefully.

Good luck!

Hi Lynn and Welcome,

Lisa......thank you for your reply. I live in MN and my daughter lives in GA. So, I don't have her test results. I will try to get them from her if I can. Thanks. Lynn

Thank you, everyone, for your replies. I am taking it all in. :)

I should have some answers soon, hopefully. I saw a dermatologist today who took two biopsies -- one just a biopsy and the other will be sent off for immunofluorescent staining. I'll be sure and let you know. In the meantime I am itching like crazy. Aaack. :rolleyes: