DinaB

Big Oops!

Rate this topic

Hi there. On Friday, my hubby and I decided to go for Suhsi. We haven't had it in a while and was in the mood for it. Usually when I go, I get the California Rolls with REAL crab and I am fine. Well, that is what we ordered and I ate a double order as well. I came back to work and about two hours later I was running to the ladies room. The pain was horrible, and I was told later that day that they substitute Snow Crab, which has pink in it. My husband told me not to eat it, but I didn't listen and trusted the waitress. Well I am still in horrible pain and living on Bella Donna Pills. Every time I eat I get pain like someone is twisting my intestines out of my body. I suffered throught the nasuea, the gas, the bloating, etc. The pain has ever lasted this long. I am not trying to put a time frame on the pain, but just want to know if Snow Crab contains wheat. I haven't been able to find anything on-line that will give me definitive info.

Thanks all. (UGH)!

So sorry that you feel bad. Of course, real Snow Crab is gluten free as it's pure crab meat, but I have always heard that imitation crab meat is not gluten free. Imitation crab is often found in California Rolls.

You may have had cross contamination, since sushi places do have other ingredients that have gluten. Hope you feel better.

I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. I have a question about the Bella Donna Pills that you said that you take. Are they natural and do they help?

I hope that you feel better soon.

I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. I have a question about the Bella Donna Pills that you said that you take. Are they natural and do they help?

I hope that you feel better soon.

Thanks all. I am confused about sushi...I thought it was rice, rice vinegar, and basic ingredients. I knew that wheat was in imitation crab and never had a problem there before. The Bella Donna pills are prescription (generic for Donatal). I can't take Donatal because it has Lactose, but they do seem help a bit once the pain kicks in.

Did you ask what the ingredients are, and how the rice is prepared? If they made yours separately, with clean utensils, etc? Just trying to think what happened...

Thanks all. I am confused about sushi...I thought it was rice, rice vinegar, and basic ingredients. I knew that wheat was in imitation crab and never had a problem there before. The Bella Donna pills are prescription (generic for Donatal). I can't take Donatal because it has Lactose, but they do seem help a bit once the pain kicks in.

Thank you for the info, I hope that you feel better soon.

The crab would be gluten-free.

richard