CherrySquirrel

Help With Food Tests Please!

Rate this topic

Hello to all, this is my first post & will try to make it as short as possible.

I tested negative for celiac. Although I am not sure if I was given all of the correct tests. I never received an anti-gliadin test. Anyway....

Has anyone had any testing done for a wide range of food sensitivities? Do such tests exist?

I have a long list of foods which (I think) I am sensitive to....

gluten, corn, eggs, soy, carrots, apples, garbonzo beans. I am just having a hard time pinpointing what foods are a problem for me, and I am sure there are others.

My brain has been fried for the past 6 months, and I can't think clear anymore.

Can anyone help?

Hello to all, this is my first post & will try to make it as short as possible.

I tested negative for celiac. Although I am not sure if I was given all of the correct tests. I never received an anti-gliadin test. Anyway....

Has anyone had any testing done for a wide range of food sensitivities? Do such tests exist?

I have a long list of foods which (I think) I am sensitive to....

gluten, corn, eggs, soy, carrots, apples, garbonzo beans. I am just having a hard time pinpointing what foods are a problem for me, and I am sure there are others.

My brain has been fried for the past 6 months, and I can't think clear anymore.

Can anyone help?

There is another thread running about an elimination diet, and that is what I think you need. This is where you go all the way back to eating very plain foods, like chicken, meat, rice, sweet potatoes, veggies you know you don't react to, and any fruits you know are safe for you. Eat this diet for a good four weeks (I know, you will be sick of it, but no one promised it wouldn't be boring to start with.) Then you get to add back in another food every four days (to allow time for delayed reactions). As I said in the other thread, try to keep this new addition as pure as possible--like a baked potato, some steamed carrots, etc., and keep adding until you find a culprit to eliminate. Corn, eggs and soy are notorious culprits, and legumes like garbanzo beans also cause a lot of problems. Save them all to the end so that you will have successes before failures of challenges.

Good luck with your food adventure.

Some people have used www.enterolab.com to test for sensitivities to gluten, dairy, eggs, yeast and soy.

I am working through similar issues right now and I don't have a lot of answers. I am currently thinking peanuts and legumes might be a problem for me so I am doing some elimination trials of these foods.