twe0708

Doughy Bread Products

Rate this topic

Does anyone know of a pizza product or pancake product that doesn't taste so doughy. I bought a gluten free pizza from Whole Foods yesterday but when I bit in to the crust it tasted doughy like the inside didn't cook but I cooked it long enough. Also, have the same problem with my pancakes by Pam. The outside is dark but the inside is still doughy. Any suggestions?

Sometimes a slightly lower temp. and a longer time does the trick-like with the pancakes. Other times with breads and cakes we have to let them bake past the time that we normally would call them done in. You can shield parts from getting too brown with a bit of foil draped over-like the tops of bread loaves.

Does anyone know of a pizza product or pancake product that doesn't taste so doughy. I bought a gluten free pizza from Whole Foods yesterday but when I bit in to the crust it tasted doughy like the inside didn't cook but I cooked it long enough. Also, have the same problem with my pancakes by Pam. The outside is dark but the inside is still doughy. Any suggestions?

We like using the Namaste pizza crust mix. You bake it prior to putting the sauce and cheese on it. We found that if we flipped it during the baking, the insides did bake through. It also helped to spread the dough out to the size indicated on the package.

Sometimes a slightly lower temp. and a longer time does the trick-like with the pancakes. Other times with breads and cakes we have to let them bake past the time that we normally would call them done in. You can shield parts from getting too brown with a bit of foil draped over-like the tops of bread loaves.

Thanks! I will try to lower the temp.

Thanks! I will try to lower the temp.

Maybe those mixes have too much tapioca flour in them. I've noticed Pamela's bread flour mix has that doughy problem. I usually mix my own flours and use very little tapioca flour about 30% if that.