sussarliv

Adding To The List

Rate this topic

For years and years and years, I have had a tingly feeling in the middle of my upper back between my shoulder blades, and my right shoulder is always sore. It is much worse at night. I have been treated for muscle spasm's and seen a chiropractor. The only time that I totally remember it not hurting was right after by DD7 was born and I was totally intense in Yoga, Exercise and eating mostly fruits and veggies. Very little pasta, bread, etc...

I am on gluten right now while prepping for my biopsy. I was off of gluten for one week (two weeks ago) and my back didn't hurt, and my nose wasn't stuffy - it is again.

Sometime the pain in my shoulder goes down into my right hand, but not often.

My blood tests came back low positive (30 on the IgA) and 15 out of 19 on the other Celiac Test. I am totally bloated again, from eating gulten, my stomach went totally flat the week I was off of it. I am very gassy (sorry) and have "C" again. I know that if I am not Celiac, then I have a very strong wheat intolerance.

Please help me figure this all out. My dad has the same symptoms but has never been tested, my nephew does have a wheat allergy/intolerance and my DD7 shows some signs.

Thanks for your help!

Susan

Well it looks like your gluten challenge is positive so be sure to go gluten free again as soon as they do the biopsy. You don't need to wait for the results.

One thing that comes to mind, and keep in mind I am not a medical professional, is that gluten may be impacting your gallbladder. The pain you are describing could possibly be from that. The tingling though sounds more like a nerve related sort of thing. Did the chiro visits help with that? If they did you may want to see if you can schedule an appointment. Celiac can cause inflammation which it seems can hit anywhere in the body. If the discomfort is from the inflammation taking something like asprin might help.

The most important thing, IMHO, is that you call your doctor and report this to him. If you should become more ill make sure they know that also. Sometimes if a reaction to a challenge is strong enough doctors will call it off and diagnose.

Well it looks like your gluten challenge is positive so be sure to go gluten free again as soon as they do the biopsy. You don't need to wait for the results.

One thing that comes to mind, and keep in mind I am not a medical professional, is that gluten may be impacting your gallbladder. The pain you are describing could possibly be from that. The tingling though sounds more like a nerve related sort of thing. Did the chiro visits help with that? If they did you may want to see if you can schedule an appointment. Celiac can cause inflammation which it seems can hit anywhere in the body. If the discomfort is from the inflammation taking something like asprin might help.

The most important thing, IMHO, is that you call your doctor and report this to him. If you should become more ill make sure they know that also. Sometimes if a reaction to a challenge is strong enough doctors will call it off and diagnose.

Thanks - I am going to call my dr. I had my gallbladder removed 2 1/2 years ago :(. We thought that that was a key to all the problems - wrong.

My test isn't until the 30th, but I am going to go call the dr. today. I have told my Primary Care about my back and she didn't say anything. Tylenol does help.

Susan

You can call your GI's office and ask them to schedule you in sooner if they have a cancellation. Explain your regular symptoms to them, like bloating and gassy. I wouldn't mention the back thing. Even though the way you describe your time gluten-free, it sounds like it is related, they won't take it that way. They will probably start to think of you as hypochondriac and ignore your request. It's fine to mention it to the dr in person but the receptionist is the person who can move up your app't, best to put your best foot forward with her.