Frances03

Called Suave Today

Rate this topic

specifically about deodorant, but got information about ALL of their products. I know I have read on this board that Suave was a good source for gluten free. This is exactly what I was told today...

"we get our fragrance as a finished product so we dont necessarily test that and we dont really have any way of knowing what is in that. the other ingredient that could be a source is cetyl alcohol. hydrolized wheat protein is the bad boy. we don't test any of our products for gluten"

With that information, I personally am not comfortable using any Suave products. All of their "fragrance" is coming to them as a finished product and they have no idea what is in it! I realize that gluten does not go thru skin, however, I frequently get products on my hands, and it would be very easy for me to transfer it to something I might eat, and I also have 3 kids touching me, and everything in the house. I prefer to find gluten free products. Since anything Suave has with the word fragrance on it might have gluten in it, I won't use it. Just wanted to post what I found out today for anyone who might be interested.

I use Sauve shampoo. I always buy a clear one. My head will itch if it has gluten in it. So far I've not had a problem. Knock on wood.

Thank you for posting this. I have been using Suave products. I'll be more careful now.