Frances03

Walmart Green Chilies

Rate this topic

Dh just came home with 3 cans so I could make white chicken chili tomorrow. The cans say "naturally gluten free" but they ALSO say "may contain traces of wheat"!!! That is so dumb. Now I have to return them all and go shopping again! Does anyone use another brand of green chili?

It appears WalMart has suddenly gotten paranoid and is labeling many things "may contain wheat." Either that or they changed to different facilities that also produce wheat products. I don't shop there, but somebody who does should try to pursue this with headquarters.

richard

It appears WalMart has suddenly gotten paranoid and is labeling many things "may contain wheat." richard

I have noticed that their new labels on great value products seem to state if something is made in a facility with wheat. I appreciate that though. It makes shopping a lot easier! Now that I know they will label something, I feel better. And a lot of their things say "gluten free"! I think that's great for Walmart!! A lot of name brand companies don't even include this information. But the green chilies is the first time I've seen a contradiction! Maybe they will fix it. I'm hoping that in the future they will start having a lot of things that aren't possibly cc'd! That would be great!

I have noticed that their new labels on great value products seem to state if something is made in a facility with wheat. I appreciate that though. It makes shopping a lot easier! Now that I know they will label something, I feel better. And a lot of their things say "gluten free"! I think that's great for Walmart!! A lot of name brand companies don't even include this information. But the green chilies is the first time I've seen a contradiction! Maybe they will fix it. I'm hoping that in the future they will start having a lot of things that aren't possibly cc'd! That would be great!

well I can see how it is "naturally gluten free" but then the facility it is packaged in makes it "may contain wheat" so basically they need to drop the "naturally gluten free" b/c its a no brainer when something is "naturally gluten free" :lol: