Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frances03

Walmart Green Chilies

Dh just came home with 3 cans so I could make white chicken chili tomorrow. The cans say "naturally gluten free" but they ALSO say "may contain traces of wheat"!!! That is so dumb. Now I have to return them all and go shopping again! Does anyone use another brand of green chili?

41 year old homeschooling mom of 5

ttg iga 88, reference range 0-19 gliadin peptide antibody iga 105, reference range 0-31

endoscopy positive for celiac disease, hiatal hernia, major acid reflux damage

diagnosed with arthritis in my teens, thyroid disease in my 20's, epilepsy in my 20's, adult ADD in my 30's,

suffered from joint pain, migraines, seizures, 4 miscarriages, 2 years infertility, scalp rash, bloating, chronic constipation, acid reflux, weight gain, hashimoto's disease, enlarged thyroid, thyroid nodule, extreme fatigue, low vitamin D, anemia, mouth and nose sores

Started gluten-free diet 10/7/09! Never had another seizure after 10 years of epilepsy. TRUE STORY. 2 babies after going gluten-free

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just checked my can, same notice.

1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember

1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms

Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance

2000-osteopenia

2001-had stroke because of medications I was given

June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months

June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)

May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

It appears WalMart has suddenly gotten paranoid and is labeling many things "may contain wheat." Either that or they changed to different facilities that also produce wheat products. I don't shop there, but somebody who does should try to pursue this with headquarters.

richard

It appears WalMart has suddenly gotten paranoid and is labeling many things "may contain wheat." richard

I have noticed that their new labels on great value products seem to state if something is made in a facility with wheat. I appreciate that though. It makes shopping a lot easier! Now that I know they will label something, I feel better. And a lot of their things say "gluten free"! I think that's great for Walmart!! A lot of name brand companies don't even include this information. But the green chilies is the first time I've seen a contradiction! Maybe they will fix it. I'm hoping that in the future they will start having a lot of things that aren't possibly cc'd! That would be great!

41 year old homeschooling mom of 5

ttg iga 88, reference range 0-19 gliadin peptide antibody iga 105, reference range 0-31

endoscopy positive for celiac disease, hiatal hernia, major acid reflux damage

diagnosed with arthritis in my teens, thyroid disease in my 20's, epilepsy in my 20's, adult ADD in my 30's,

suffered from joint pain, migraines, seizures, 4 miscarriages, 2 years infertility, scalp rash, bloating, chronic constipation, acid reflux, weight gain, hashimoto's disease, enlarged thyroid, thyroid nodule, extreme fatigue, low vitamin D, anemia, mouth and nose sores

Started gluten-free diet 10/7/09! Never had another seizure after 10 years of epilepsy. TRUE STORY. 2 babies after going gluten-free

I have noticed that their new labels on great value products seem to state if something is made in a facility with wheat. I appreciate that though. It makes shopping a lot easier! Now that I know they will label something, I feel better. And a lot of their things say "gluten free"! I think that's great for Walmart!! A lot of name brand companies don't even include this information. But the green chilies is the first time I've seen a contradiction! Maybe they will fix it. I'm hoping that in the future they will start having a lot of things that aren't possibly cc'd! That would be great!

well I can see how it is "naturally gluten free" but then the facility it is packaged in makes it "may contain wheat" so basically they need to drop the "naturally gluten free" b/c its a no brainer when something is "naturally gluten free" :lol: