jordanandnadia

Feeling Your Baby Move?

Rate this topic

hi all,

so I'm almost 13 weeks pregnant with my first baby, and I really think that I felt the baby move today. It was really light, but most of the baby websites say you wont normally feel it until about 16 weeks.

My question - do you think that having Celiac's (been gluten-free for 6.5 years), and going through all the stomach issues you can tell the difference earlier in pregnancy between baby movements and other things going on in your tummy area? What just happened is not a normal feeling (that I've felt in my lower left tummy anyways), and I'm just wondering if it's because with Celiac's I'm so conscious of what is happening in there, that I know what's 'normal' and what's not?

Just curious - am I even making sense?

Thanks all!

I'd bet it was your baby. It always felt like a fluttery, tiny bubbling feeling to me. That timeline is a guide. In my last pregnancy, I felt my son move very early.

Enjoy each moment! It is an amazing, miraculous time and soon those flutters will turn into recognizable parts like elbows and a bottom.

Prayers for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

My understanding is that first kids, it's highly unlikely that you'd feel it that early. Between celiac and a long yoga practice, I feel rather strongly in tune with the sensations of my body. While I've felt some interesting things, I don't think that it's possible yet to be sure whether it's stretching of the uterus (which I certainly have felt earlier on as well), movement in the digestive system (which increases during pregnancy, and changes in speed as well), or movement of the baby. I certainly don't mean to imply that is true for other people on their first pregnancy, but since I'm at the same gestational age as you (give or take a few days), I thought I'd comment.

And perhaps some of those maybes are feelings of movement (the little bugger was moving rather a lot during the ultrasound today), I just don't feel that I can be *confident* of them yet.

There are so many variables to each pregnancy. Even where the placenta has attached to the uterine wall will affect how the mother can feel the baby's movements. My second baby had the hiccups every day like clockwork. Towards the end of the pregnancy you could see the shape of the foot kicking out.

My thoughts and prayers are with you for a happy and healthy pregnancy and delivery.

Thanks for all your responses. Like I mentioned, I wasn't sure what it was because it's something new that I haven't experienced yet. It was a fluttery feeling, pretty indescribable, but I just didn't know what it was.

I'm in week 13 as of this weekend, and thankfully everything is going well. Felt the same sensation earlier today, I seem to feel it if I sit really still or while I'm laying down. We're super excited for the rest of the pregnancy and for meeting the little one!

Thanks again for all your responses,

Nadia

I seem to remember the first time I felt movement, it felt like butterfly wings. I had the ultrasound and saw my baby move and it was the same feeling.

Every one is different. My second pregnancy I felt the movements, but others could not on my belly. The placenta was attached to the uterine wall at the outside front of my body. My husband couldn't feel much until the baby was in delivery postion and kicking up under my ribs. (Which don't seem as if they are ever going to flatten back down again. They feel and look rolled out.)