jasonD2

Need Help Finding Gum

Rate this topic

I need to find a chewing gum that is free of xylitol, aspartame and of course gluten - is there anything out there? ive been reacting to xylitol and aspartame and its in most gums but i need to have something in my mouth to keep it moist while im talking because i get dry mouth very easily. Any suggestions?

Well, this is probably not a good thing, but I am addicted to Dubbble Bubble. It's made by tootsie and nothing they have has glutin. However, once I started chewing it, I got to where I would chew about 15 pieces a day, so I am trying to break the habit now! I'm sure you were looking for more of a mint type gum but I am no help there.

There used to be a gum called "Glee Gum" that did not have xylitol in it. My daughter is allergic to corn, so we're always on the look out for corn-derived ingredients like xylitol. Unfortunately for her, even though it didn't have xylitol, Glee Gum contained glucose syrup derived from corn.

I haven't checked into it for a couple years, so I don't know what their ingredients are now, but you might try Googling it and see if it comes up.

Good Luck!

~Michelle~

how bout mints? are altoids gluten free?

Glee gum is good old fashioned gum. It just loses its bounce compared to the current gums on the market. The tangerine flavored is really good. Whole Foods carries it.

I looked up Peelu--never tried it, but it doesn't seem to have any of the ingredients that are bad for you.