hazeleyez682

Dont Know Where I Messed Up

Rate this topic

I was recently diagnosed and have been super careful, but this morning i had terrible diarreah and i cant seem to figure out why!

Heres what i are yesterday.

A friend bought me a Bob's red mill gluten free pizza crust mix. I made the mix according to the directions adding only the yest water eggs.

To top the pizza i used olive oil fresh garlic and dried basil salt and pepper. I used mozzerlla cheese fresh diced mushroom fresh spinach and black olives. The pizza was delicious and i ate it before going to a family party knowing much of the family was unaware of my diagnosis and the chances of food i could eat were slim. I was correct. They had the party catered and much of it was pastas and such. So i stuck with salad. I topped my salad with Kens ranch dressing which i was assured was gluten-free. I also had a few pieces of cocktail shrimp with no sauce. I drank a diet coke and a glass of Beringer white zinfindel. Where was my mistake!! I was so sure i can careful!!! Any feedback is welcome!

I was recently diagnosed and have been super careful, but this morning i had terrible diarreah and i cant seem to figure out why!

A friend bought me a Bob's red mill gluten free pizza crust mix. I made the mix according to the directions adding only the yest water eggs.

To top the pizza i used olive oil fresh garlic and dried basil salt and pepper. I used mozzerlla cheese fresh diced mushroom fresh spinach and black olives. The pizza was delicious and i ate it before going to a family party knowing much of the family was unaware of my diagnosis and the chances of food i could eat were slim. I was correct. They had the party catered and much of it was pastas and such. So i stuck with salad. I topped my salad with Kens ranch dressing which i was assured was gluten-free. I also had a few pieces of cocktail shrimp with no sauce. I drank a diet coke and a glass of Beringer white zinfindel. Where was my mistake!! I was so sure i can careful!!! Any feedback is welcome!

I just checked the Ken's ingredients. The only problem I can see is the bacon ranch flavor- it has smoke flavor, which almost always contains gluten. Most other kinds of ranch have modified food starch, but I think it has to say "from wheat" if it contains wheat.

Were there croutons on any part of the salad that you may have come into contact with? That's all I can think of.

I went to a party last night, ate several salads and just prayed there wasn't any gluten in the dressings. So far so good! I am sorry you are not feeling well.

I just checked the Ken's ingredients. The only problem I can see is the bacon ranch flavor- it has smoke flavor, which almost always contains gluten. Most other kinds of ranch have modified food starch, but I think it has to say "from wheat" if it contains wheat.

Were there croutons on any part of the salad that you may have come into contact with? That's all I can think of.

I went to a party last night, ate several salads and just prayed there wasn't any gluten in the dressings. So far so good! I am sorry you are not feeling well.

Nope no crutons. My boyfriends mother made it and is aware of my diagnosis so she was careful. The ranch wasnt bacon flavor just plain ranch...

I have only been on a gluten-free diet for 2 weeks and some days im good others like today i am not. Its very frustrating.

Nope no crutons. My boyfriends mother made it and is aware of my diagnosis so she was careful. The ranch wasnt bacon flavor just plain ranch...

I have only been on a gluten-free diet for 2 weeks and some days im good others like today i am not. Its very frustrating.

I get mysterious reactions sometimes and cannot for the life of me figure it out.

I read last night of other intolerances to things that come hand in hand with Celiac...frustrating I know.

I SOMEtimes have diarrhea from bread-like substances even when I KNOW it's gluten free. Sometimes I just have diarrhea and my husband says, "Take some immodium" and I say, 'Ummm no, if it's that bad that my body needs to expel it THAT quickly, I will let it. I am not taking something that will keep in my intestines longer than it wants to."

I have problems with shrimp if I eat too many.

If you have other intolerances to dairy, the cheese could be the culprit?

I've read here that yeast and eggs are an intolerance to some people with Celiac

:(

OHHHHHHhhhh I just remembered. Last summer after being gluten/wheat free for some time, I had two weeks where it seemed I couldn't shake the diarrhea. Everything I ate came right out. I was on clean simple diet and I KNOW that I was not sick, no fever, no infection...nothing. Doc said I was fine.

I concluded (along with the opinion of my mother who is a Celiac) that my body was just clearing itself out.

Possibly the foliage (salad) is clearing some stuff out of your system. Since it's fibery, it serves as that purpose. I am no doc or expert, just my opinion only.

Myself, my friend and my friend's mom have all been diagnosed within the past 6 months with Gluten intolerance. (It was so weird). My friend's mom LOVES her wine. (a "whin-o" if you will) and she finds that she cannot drink white wine anymore even though it used to be her favorite. Even if the brand is gluten free (and I also had a woman with Celiacs swear that the white wine she carries at her specialty gluten free store is certified gluten-free) she reacts to it and her palms and bottoms of her feet get itchy and dry.

She can only drink red now. Maybe it was the wine you had?

OHHHHHHhhhh I just remembered. Last summer after being gluten/wheat free for some time, I had two weeks where it seemed I couldn't shake the diarrhea. Everything I ate came right out. I was on clean simple diet and I KNOW that I was not sick, no fever, no infection...nothing. Doc said I was fine.

I concluded (along with the opinion of my mother who is a Celiac) that my body was just clearing itself out.

Possibly the foliage (salad) is clearing some stuff out of your system. Since it's fibery, it serves as that purpose. I am no doc or expert, just my opinion only.

Maybe that's what I am going thru?? I've been gluten-free for 3 months and the for the past week I've had D about 4 times a day. I can't figure it out!! It is so unnverving wondering all the time about every bite of food you are putting in your mouth. It's good to hear others experiences...

Sometimes mozzarella cheese, if it is the pre-shredded kind, can have some anti-caking agents that my other gluten-free friend says can contain gluten. If you used pre-shredded, take a look at that and see.