AlexJ72

Don't Feel Well

Rate this topic

Hi

I'm not sure what the hell is up with me. I've been on a regimen of various vitamins and supplements and a month ago started experiencing indigestion. I stopped taking the supplements thinking that they were causing the problem but my symptoms did not disappear and got worse. I was also eating a lot of avocados which also irritated my system so i stopped eating them as well.

I feel full after meals, have this constant lump in my throat and need to swallow, have a tight/pressure sensation under my right rib cage which appears to migrate down to the navel in the evenings and i cant stop burping. I just had an ultrasound and the results were negative for gallstones and anything else. ive been under a lot of stress the last few months and have been lifting weights like crazy.

As I previously posted my doctor wants me to go for an endoscopy to do a biopsy and check for ulcers. I should also mention that I had a stool analysis and it came back positive for two different parasites. I havent had a fever or diarrhea so i dont know if the presence of the parasites is relevant or not.

Does it seem like this could be an ulcer, gastritis, an injury to my intestines from working out, or symptoms of a parasitic infection? I am very curious to see if anyone has ever had these symptoms

I am traveling to Canada next week to give a seminar and I really want to feel better asap.

your friend Alex

I am assuming that since you are going in for an endo that you have not been diagnosed yet? Am I right about that? Are you still eating gluten? You need to be to have the endo have any chance of being positive and even then false negatives are all too common. Are you currently being treated for the parasites? Some of the treatments can make folks unwell until they are finished.

I am gluten free- doing the endo for a general exam, see if there is any residual damage from gluten (only been strict gluten-free for 2 months) and to look for ulcers