AlexJ72

Endoscopy Question

Rate this topic

Hello-

I recently had an appt with a GI doc. He was a nice guy, but he barely listened to anything I had to say and just recommended i take miralax to help with my constipation. The visit felt very rushed, but i guess that to be expected with an MD. Also he gave me a rectal exam and he was kinda forceful with his finger...my ass was sore for the rest of the day.

Anyway, he wants to schedule me for an endoscopy but i am a bit on the fence cause I didnt feel very comfortable with him. Hes been in practice for over 36 years and im sure he does a good job and is reputable but I have a nagging doubt. Am I being silly? I almost wish a sweet meticulous woman could perform the procedure on me :)

Alex

Those first impressions do have a lasting effect, don't they?? Sometimes it is good to go with your gut instinct; if someone makes you feel uncomfortable it is hard to have confidence in them, no matter how reputable. On the other hand, do you have options with your insurance? Will they cover a "second opinion" and let you go somewhere else? Do you have another good GI in your area? I am assuming so, since you seem to be considering it. Since, from your other thread, you do seem to have reservations about this procedure, that might be a better way to go, someone you have confidence in, although as all posters pointed out, there is nothing to be afraid of with the procedure.

Ask around to friends if they know of anyone else. From what you posted I would not go back to him for an much of anything. Go with your gut feelings one this.

I dont know- I may just go thru with it. I dont have the time to try out different docs and my symptoms are bad so i want to get everything checked out