Pabucool

Questions, Questions, Questions.

Rate this topic

Is whey gluten free?

Hi and welcome to the board! :)

Whey is from milk, and is gluten-free.

Everytime I drank a Whey Protein Shake, I would have problems. Is the following correct? Whey comes from Milk. Many Celiacs cannot tolerate lactose because their cilia is damaged. Until they become normal, they need to be careful with dairy products. I believe this could be correct. Am I right? Thanks, Rock(a new member just trying to learn about this disease).

Everytime I drank a Whey Protein Shake, I would have problems. Is the following correct? Whey comes from Milk. Many Celiacs cannot tolerate lactose because their cilia is damaged. Until they become normal, they need to be careful with dairy products. I believe this could be correct. Am I right? Thanks, Rock(a new member just trying to learn about this disease).

It could be the milk, or it could also be that the powder is manufactured in a facility that also processes gluten or wheat . . . or it could be something added to the whey protein shake that is not gluten free.

Do you have a list of ingredients? If yes, you might want to post it here for everyone to take a look.

Yep, you are right. Many Celiac's have a hard time handling milk products until they have been on the gluten free diet for a while and have had time to heal. I've seen several people on here suggest to new people that they refrain from consuming milk products until they have given themselves a little while on the gluten-free diet. Also, people with Celiac are also likely to have other food allergies. So, it could just be that you have an allergy to milk products also.

Whey sounds like wheat

"Little Miss Muppet sat on her tuppet and ate her cuds and whey" Lil Miss Muppet was eating cheese in its second stage of processing. :lol: