D. Quinn

Laundry Detergents

Rate this topic

Hi, I've been trying to do a total gluten-free cleanse for the last 3 months. My water-like blister lesions have not disappeared. They come and go but never leave for more than a week at a time.

I work in the food service industry where wheat is being used on a regular basis. I try not to be around it but it is impossible. What can I do to minimize my contact with the gluten allergan.

Also, can using detergents for clothes have an effect on my body's ability to become blister-clear? I use a "Purex" on a regular basis. Would this have some effect on the constant blisters on my forearms, knees, buttocks, and neck?

Thanks.

You do need to take precautions at work. Make sure you always have gloves on and if there is a lot of baking or working with powdered gluten going on do wear a respiratory mask also. If possible try to limit your contact as much as you can. If gluten is in the air your breathing it in and it is getting into your system. That said it can take a long time for the antibodies to clear the skin but if your not being exposed to gluten you should stop getting new blisters.

For me detergents are an issue. I don't know about the one you use but what I use is Arm and Hammer Free and Clear.

I use All free and clear because I will itch all over from the others. I have had to do this for years. I also use the bounce allergen free dryer sheets.