Antelope19

Recommendations For Online Food

Rate this topic

Hey all,

I'm new to the board and am looking for some help! My Girlfriend has Celiacs disease and has a birthday next week. The one thing she said she misses the most are bagels and I was hoping to do something nice for her. While I realize this isn't much, I know that if she were to wake up next week and was able to eat something she has missed so much, it would make her day/week/month! :D So, my question to you all would be: Where is the best place to find something like this? I've done some looking around online and have been to my local Whole Foods, but I'm curious to know which has the "best" in your opinion? Any help would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

Hey all,

I'm new to the board and am looking for some help! My Girlfriend has Celiacs disease and has a birthday next week. The one thing she said she misses the most are bagels and I was hoping to do something nice for her. While I realize this isn't much, I know that if she were to wake up next week and was able to eat something she has missed so much, it would make her day/week/month! :D So, my question to you all would be: Where is the best place to find something like this? I've done some looking around online and have been to my local Whole Foods, but I'm curious to know which has the "best" in your opinion? Any help would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

Joans Gluten Free Bagels are by far the best.

I agree Joans gluten free great bakes has the best bagels & english muffins. Pan type pizzas are also very good.

Don't know where to get a good gluten-free bagel - looking forward to seeing responses.

You were wrong on one count - a good bagel on my birthday would be a huge present.

I guess one good thing about dating or living with a Celiac is that great presents are more about the thought than the cost.

Good Luck with your search!

:D

PS...anyone else with suggestions? just tried to order Joan's -- $48 to ship to California -- guess those would be a very nice b-day gift!

I found this link that has a recipe for a Better Batter bagel. http://www.betterbatter.org/?p=101

I have heard wonderful things about Better Batter -- I purchased five pounds but have yet to use it. The people in my GIG group LOVE it and say it replaces regular flour extremely well.

Hope this helps!