Hello Kitty

Stange Question

Rate this topic

Ok im new on this board but am only on this board as i wanted to ask a simple question. Has any one tried the SCD diet or a raw foods diet. sorry to ask but my sister in law has celiacs im just wondering if these made a differece.

I dont have celiacs my self. I do though have Ulcerative Colits. sucks to be me, but i really have made some tremdous improvments bing on the raw food diet. thats why i ask.

take care everyone

The raw diet would be the same for her as any other diet. As long as her stomach and digestion can handle raw foods, that's great, but grains are grains, whether they are in a cooked form or raw form. Some raw foods advocates and vegans will argue that in their sprouted form they are easier to tolerate and that those of us that cannot do grains can learn to handle them. But that's weak speculation at best and many experts are saying otherwise. She could do the raw diet but still have the same restrictions she does with cooked foods.

I periodically use the SCD diet to settle things down quickly. I don't stay on it full time, but I obviously benefit from it when I do follow it. I am one that has a tough time eating any grains.

There is a whole thread on this site for the SCD. I have been gluten-free for over a year and can still not tollerate raw food-- so that would not be the one for me. Many of us do not have the enzymes necessary to break down the raw food, regardless of supplements or enzyme rich diet. It is actually a chineese medicine norm not to feed a sick digestive system raw food or anything cold. With that said, im glad youre finding improvment with the raw diet. Out of curiosity does UC attack the large intestine or small? If its the large that maybe why you can tollerate raw food.

I was on the SCD for about 7 months. I liked it-- it is labor intensive and a lot of hard work. I didnt really see very much improvement except that because my diet was so limited i would know exactly what had glutened me. I used to feel sick every time i ate anything and the SCD did help with that-- so that was good. It also let me know that i was doing everything i could to get better. SO i would visit the link and have her try it out for a few months. It has really helped alot of people.

There is a whole thread on this site for the SCD. I have been gluten-free for over a year and can still not tollerate raw food-- so that would not be the one for me. Many of us do not have the enzymes necessary to break down the raw food, regardless of supplements or enzyme rich diet. It is actually a chineese medicine norm not to feed a sick digestive system raw food or anything cold. With that said, im glad youre finding improvment with the raw diet. Out of curiosity does UC attack the large intestine or small? If its the large that maybe why you can tollerate raw food.

I was on the SCD for about 7 months. I liked it-- it is labor intensive and a lot of hard work. I didnt really see very much improvement except that because my diet was so limited i would know exactly what had glutened me. I used to feel sick every time i ate anything and the SCD did help with that-- so that was good. It also let me know that i was doing everything i could to get better. SO i would visit the link and have her try it out for a few months. It has really helped alot of people.

Great thanks guys this is some good infromation. UC starts in the rectum and works its way through the large bowl. the colon goes flat and becomes thin. the sings are bleeding and mucus. UC sucks to have there is nothing but meds to help you. i chose diet and improved alot. with UC there is a 40% chance you lose your colon. Crohns starts in the small intesent. the bowl wall swells and becomes thickened. the same symptoms occure where there is bleeding and mucus. crohns they just keep choping out bits or your small intestent and with UC they just remove the large bowl. Yea what fun. my bms used to range up to 20 a day during a flare. and on good days it could averge about 4. thats considered remmsion as long as your not seeing signs of bleeding or mucus. any way

that is great to know about the SCD diet. i gave her the book. I was worried celeicas could change to ibd if you are not careful. i would not wish that on anyone and i really dont want her to get this, no way. so thats why i asked.

i do take digestive enzymes as well. they seem to help me. My bms are now 1-2. thats good news for someone like my self. i still see some signs though. oh well thanks for the info.