This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Grapefruit Seed Extract

CGally81

CGally81 Enthusiast

In my search to learn as much about potential remedies for celiac and its related problems as possible, I came across grapefruit seed extract. From what's being said about it, it's sounding like the best thing ever (yeah, I know, don't believe hype in general). It's said to really help kill off candida, should I have that problem.

Anyway, what do you guys know about grapefruit seed extract and its health benefits as it may relate to us? It certainly can't hurt me. It's also surprisingly cheap. I guess the only reason it's not promoted on TV all the time is because it can't be patented or branded, since it's natural.

Would it reduce headaches? I imagine it wouldn't reduce hunger, unless the hunger is caused in part by some infection or something. Would it reduce fevers? (I currently have a mild fever now) Would it help us in any way? Has anyone here tried it?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

YoloGx Rookie
In my search to learn as much about potential remedies for celiac and its related problems as possible, I came across grapefruit seed extract. From what's being said about it, it's sounding like the best thing ever (yeah, I know, don't believe hype in general). It's said to really help kill off candida, should I have that problem.

Anyway, what do you guys know about grapefruit seed extract and its health benefits as it may relate to us? It certainly can't hurt me. It's also surprisingly cheap. I guess the only reason it's not promoted on TV all the time is because it can't be patented or branded, since it's natural.

Would it reduce headaches? I imagine it wouldn't reduce hunger, unless the hunger is caused in part by some infection or something. Would it reduce fevers? (I currently have a mild fever now) Would it help us in any way? Has anyone here tried it?

As far as I know grapefruit seed extract is good against candida and fungal overgrowth both internally and externally. I do not believe it does anything else. It sometimes is found in remedies as a preservative.

Thing is to take just a very small amount of it in a large amount of water if you take it internally. It is very strong. It can irritate the lining of the stomach or intestines if you take too much. Some people do not react well to it. So start slow.

It is no matter what useful in one's arsenal to use occasionally. I am one who can't handle it internally--for some reason I get a bad reaction. My roomie can have it occasionally. Others I have known rely on it to keep candida overgrowth in check.

As far as herbs to help counteract the effects of CC--I don't believe this is one of them. There are others however that do help, however.

Bea

CGally81 Enthusiast
As far as I know grapefruit seed extract is good against candida and fungal overgrowth both internally and externally. I do not believe it does anything else. It sometimes is found in remedies as a preservative.

Thing is to take just a very small amount of it in a large amount of water if you take it internally. It is very strong. It can irritate the lining of the stomach or intestines if you take too much. Some people do not react well to it. So start slow.

It is no matter what useful in one's arsenal to use occasionally. I am one who can't handle it internally--for some reason I get a bad reaction. My roomie can have it occasionally. Others I have known rely on it to keep candida overgrowth in check.

As far as herbs to help counteract the effects of CC--I don't believe this is one of them. There are others however that do help, however.

Bea

How do I use it? Is there a way to squeeze out only a drop or two at a time?

Would "Nutribiotic - Gse Liquid Concentrate, 4 fl oz liquid" be a good brand to try?

I am hoping I do have Candida, so I could kill it. Though my symptoms don't quite line up with it (I have some). Well, if I can get Grapefruit Seed Extract cheap and try it, I will. Are there any brands you'd recommend?

YoloGx Rookie
How do I use it? Is there a way to squeeze out only a drop or two at a time?

Would <a href="http://www.(Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned)/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000M7OOPS/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2NI03US24FRCC&v=glance" target="external ugc nofollow">this</a> be a good brand to try?

I am hoping I do have Candida, so I could kill it. Though my symptoms don't quite line up with it (I have some). Well, if I can get Grapefruit Seed Extract cheap and try it, I will. Are there any brands you'd recommend?

I have gotten Nutri-Biotic brand. Its in a glycerin base in a squeeze bottle. It lasts forever. And yes, you can just squeeze out a drop or two at a time.

You might want to try other things too like oregano oil and/or garlic/ and /or caprylic acid and/or olive leaf if you do have candida overgrowth. Its often good to get it from different sides.

Bea

CGally81 Enthusiast
I have gotten Nutri-Biotic brand. Its in a glycerin base in a squeeze bottle. It lasts forever. And yes, you can just squeeze out a drop or two at a time.

You might want to try other things too like oregano oil and/or garlic/ and /or caprylic acid and/or olive leaf if you do have candida overgrowth. Its often good to get it from different sides.

Bea

Awesome. Thanks. It certainly can't hurt, so I'll order it next time I order a book (I already have this in my cart).

YoloGx Rookie

Good luck!

You'll have to go off all sweets and eat fewer carbs too--but you probably already knew that. Might well have detox reaction at first; be prepared to be grumpy and wanting sweets. I use plain stevia instead--feeds the tooth without feeding the beasties.

purple Community Regular
Awesome. Thanks. It certainly can't hurt, so I'll order it next time I order a book (I already have this in my cart).

Yolo,

I have used oil of oregano for an on coming cold, earache and a bad tooth. Just a couple of drops on the tongue. Never had to go to the doc/dentist...Its great! I always wanted to try the GSE.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived