This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Intolerance?...need Help

mom1

mom1 Newbie

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member searching for answers, information. I have been sick for 2 1/2 yrs, since my c-section with the fallowing symptoms: loose stools, weight loss, chronic fatigue, longer menstrual cycle, etc... I've done many procedures such as Endoscopy, CAT SCAN, Colonoscopy etc... All results and celiac blood work/biopsy was negative. My first G.I. suggested to fallow a dairy free diet and thought I could have IBS. I recently went for a second opinion but nothing was found and my celiac test was again negative. My symptoms are too extreme for IBS and I can't gain any weight. Due to mal nutrition and sickness I have very low energy. There are times that I get sick immediately after in taking food. I did my own re-search and decided to go gluten free for a month. Does anyone know of anybody or have been through the same experience? My doctor had suggested a carb free diet but since I already bought gluten free products I figure I should stick to that.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Welcome!

Try the diet and see if you find relief. But you need to be strictly gluten free 100%.

This forum will guide you on your way. And you are in good company, as most here have been misdiagnosed or have searched many years for a solution.

jackay Enthusiast

I agree that you should try the gluten free diet and see if you have results. You have to be extremely careful not to get cross contaminated or you won't know if this is working for you. When I found out that gluten bothered me, I cut out all wheat. Then I cut out oats. Nothing changed for me. Once I learned about cross contamination and really made a diligent effort to avoid it, I started seeing results.

You will find a lot of helpful hints and support with this forum. It has been a lifesaver for me.

Best of luck!

mom1 Newbie
I agree that you should try the gluten free diet and see if you have results. You have to be extremely careful not to get cross contaminated or you won't know if this is working for you. When I found out that gluten bothered me, I cut out all wheat. Then I cut out oats. Nothing changed for me. Once I learned about cross contamination and really made a diligent effort to avoid it, I started seeing results.

You will find a lot of helpful hints and support with this forum. It has been a lifesaver for me.

Best of luck!

Thank you for your reply!

I went food shopping today and it was Defiantly overwhelming. What do you mean by cross contamination?

Kat-

mom1 Newbie
Welcome!

Try the diet and see if you find relief. But you need to be strictly gluten free 100%.

This forum will guide you on your way. And you are in good company, as most here have been misdiagnosed or have searched many years for a solution.

Thank you! =)

mushroom Proficient

Cross-contamination, as you will find, is when your gluten free food picks up a small amount of gluten from some incidental source--like a knife with a gluten crumb on it dipped into the butter or jam or peanut butter, or somone using a spoon from a dish containing gluten to help themselves to a serving from a gluten free dish. It can also occur through the transfer of crumbs from a toaster, a counter, a cutting board, anywhere where people are careless with gluten :(

mom1 Newbie

Cross-contamination, as you will find, is when your gluten free food picks up a small amount of gluten from some incidental source--like a knife with a gluten crumb on it dipped into the butter or jam or peanut butter, or somone using a spoon from a dish containing gluten to help themselves to a serving from a gluten free dish. It can also occur through the transfer of crumbs from a toaster, a counter, a cutting board, anywhere where people are careless with gluten :(

Hi. thanks-

This morning I felt a little bit of pain and at the moment I have an upset stomach-

This morning I had sips of coffee this w/ lactose free creamer...egg whites/ gluten free bread..fruit ..yogurt..applesuase..gluten free pasta.. and glutten free rice w/ chicken and sweet potatoes chips( bc i thought it was ok to eat)... and now i'm sick! rrrrr

This cross contamination is new to me and I'll be more careful next time... I'll probably see a nutritionist. I cant afford to loose anymore wheight..this is so upsetting...

Thanks for your help

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived