CGally81

What Would An Endocronologist Do?

Rate this topic

My regular doctor admits that he's baffled (and I'm glad that he's honest - I've heard of many people who were given the "it's all in your head" dodge), so he's sent me to an allergist (I have an allergy to sesame, which I've probably never eaten in my life), a gastroenterologist (who wants me to eat gluten, or at least get an endoscopy to rule out other disorders), blood tests (no anemia, no diabetes, negative for the 2 most well-known celiac genes, but positive for something - forget what), and now an endocronologist.

What would an endocronologist do for me? I hear they also have a nutritionist there who might be able to help, so I'll at least get something out of it, but what does an endocronologist do, and how would it help?

My regular doctor admits that he's baffled (and I'm glad that he's honest - I've heard of many people who were given the "it's all in your head" dodge), so he's sent me to an allergist (I have an allergy to sesame, which I've probably never eaten in my life), a gastroenterologist (who wants me to eat gluten, or at least get an endoscopy to rule out other disorders), blood tests (no anemia, no diabetes, negative for the 2 most well-known celiac genes, but positive for something - forget what), and now an endocronologist.

What would an endocronologist do for me? I hear they also have a nutritionist there who might be able to help, so I'll at least get something out of it, but what does an endocronologist do, and how would it help?

This should help explain-

http://www.hormone.org/public/endocrinologist.cfm