redsidekick

Retirement Banquet

Rate this topic

I was dxd with Celiac a year ago. Next month will be a retirement dinner for one of my bosses. It will be buffet style. I would really like to go but I am concerned about eating there. What are others' experiences with this? How receptive are these banquet halls to celiac requests in general? Do I go and not eat (and if I do that, should I still pay for the meal?) Should I avoid it altogether?

Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks.

Many restaurants are accommodating. They may prepare you something separate or let you go through the buffet line first. I would call them ahead of time and see what they know about gluten and what they can do.

If you want to go, you should definitely go! You could always eat beforehand if you don't trust the restaurant and still enjoy the social part. As far as paying if you don't eat, talk to a co-worker or whoever's in charge and let them know your situation.

Many restaurants are accommodating. They may prepare you something separate or let you go through the buffet line first. I would call them ahead of time and see what they know about gluten and what they can do.

If you want to go, you should definitely go! You could always eat beforehand if you don't trust the restaurant and still enjoy the social part. As far as paying if you don't eat, talk to a co-worker or whoever's in charge and let them know your situation.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.