runningcrazy

Itchy Itchy Hives!

Rate this topic

My mom has been gluten free 2 months now since she had extremely high enterolab results.

Her main symptom was hives, shes had them for 17 years now(if that is even a symptom-she really didnt have many but since i have it she tested too) Now we've been gluten free both. I am dairy free too. She still gets hives though. She thought it was probably the wine, and three days without it no itchy hives at all. Today though we had corn/quinoa pasta with trader joes bruschetta. My mom accidently used the same spoon mixing my sister and dads real pasta and then went and mixed ours :huh: within a few minutes of finishing eating, she had a huge thing of hives on her arm. :( which is pretty obvious since she made the mistake. but she gets these hives so often even with being gluten free!

lately i have been getting headaches again more often. i think it may be from school and stuff though. I dont know, im frustrated.

Any advice?

Hives are an allergic reaction. This is different from the autoimmune celiac reaction to gluten. It is possible to have celiac disease and also be allergic to wheat (or something else).

Has she gone for regular allergy testing? Hives are a histamine reaction and if she is getting them that often, she really needs to be tested by an allergist. It can be stuff in the air and not food. She needs to know her triggers.

Has she gone for regular allergy testing? Hives are a histamine reaction and if she is getting them that often, she really needs to be tested by an allergist. It can be stuff in the air and not food. She needs to know her triggers.

We were talking about getting some allergy testing. thank you both:)

We were talking about getting some allergy testing. thank you both:)

When I got allergy tested it turned out I had become allegic to my THREE dogs. :( I had been tested in the past and came up negative to dog but it developed over time. I also found out I was allergic to my neighbor's enormous house sized olive tree.

We have moved away from the olive tree (that's not why we moved) and my allergies are way better. Sadly two of my doggies went to heaven from very old age and I won't be able to replace them.

When I got allergy tested it turned out I had become allegic to my THREE dogs. :( I had been tested in the past and came up negative to dog but it developed over time. I also found out I was allergic to my neighbor's enormous house sized olive tree.

We have moved away from the olive tree (that's not why we moved) and my allergies are way better. Sadly two of my doggies went to heaven from very old age and I won't be able to replace them.

Aw, I am sorry! We have two dogs right now. I wonder if our many pets could be part of it. (1 duck, 2 cats, 2 dogs, and a guinea pig who just died a few months ago)