Zorba

Vitamins Stop Working After A While

Rate this topic

Hi, i have a question not exactly to do with gluten, but i want to know if anyone ever experienced taking vitamins that worked for a 2-3 weeks an d then they stopped having benefits.I also had similiar expereince whith homeopathy, it works great after 3 weeks of starting it and after others 3 weeks the effects are gone.

What can it be?

Thanks

What do you mean by you stop seeing benefits? Did you developed gluten type symptoms that had been gone for a bit? If that is what you mean have you checked to make sure those supplements were gluten free? Some will have barley or wheat grass that many be considered safe but that many of us will react to. Avoid them. As far as homeopathics go, I have not found any that I can safely use. Although gluten derived alcohol is considered gluten free I still react to it even in the small amounts in the preperations. Not all will but enough of us do to make me encourage folks to avoid it until fully healed.

what do you mean by "stopped working"? Have you had blood tests that revealed vitimin deficiency despite taking vitimin supplements?

I would have to ask what you mean by "benefits." Are you talking about vitamins treating nutrient deficiency as a benefit? Or are you talking about vitamins making you feel "good"? Vitamins may make you feel "healthier" at first, but even when that feeling wears off, they should still be doing their job, which is to supplement your diet and make sure that you're getting the nutrients you need each day. Feeling "good" from taking vitamins is nice, but it certainly doesn't last forever, and it's not the reason we usually take vitamins. You may not always feel the benefits of vitamins, but they are doing their job in your body.

Good luck!