Rate this topic

Does anyone have leg pain or cramps in thier calves? I have been on the diet for 6 months I dont know if I have celiac but treat mysef for it. I do have low b12 and am on shots I also have low d. Doc did test but I was on the diet so long I dint think it would prove anything and it didnt test was neg. She wants me to have the biopsy. But ill have to go back on gluten blah! Without a diagnosis I feel I have nothing to lean on. Friends think im nuts for doing this but they dont live in pain, bloating, fatigue. I feel great on the diet But the legs hurt. Dr. kinda dismissed it. What if its something seriou? Should I change Dr. even though I like her?? Please reply I need this>

Does anyone have leg pain or cramps in thier calves? I have been on the diet for 6 months I dont know if I have celiac but treat mysef for it. I do have low b12 and am on shots I also have low d. Doc did test but I was on the diet so long I dint think it would prove anything and it didnt test was neg. She wants me to have the biopsy. But ill have to go back on gluten blah! Without a diagnosis I feel I have nothing to lean on. Friends think im nuts for doing this but they dont live in pain, bloating, fatigue. I feel great on the diet But the legs hurt. Dr. kinda dismissed it. What if its something seriou? Should I change Dr. even though I like her?? Please reply I need this>

I used to have that but found if I eat a banana two to three days per week that pain stays away. You might try that.

You probably need some additional supplements. You need to make sure you are getting calcium, zinc and magnesium to go with your low vitamin D, and the magnesium should also take care of your leg cramps. If your are having continual cramps that would leave residual aching in the calves. Why not give it a try??

I agree with the suggestion of some additional supplements. I couldn't even walk until I started taking magnesium, so that would be my first recommendation. Zinc and potassium might help too. The suggestion of eating bananas would make sense if you have a deficiency of potassium. But if you find bananas to be difficult to digest (and you may while in the early stages of healing), a potassium supplement would be my recommendation.

Thanks yall. i do take potasium ,magnisium calsium and d.and a b12 shot because im low. juice plus and 2 different enzimes oh and c. I eat a bannana and peanut butter every day for breakfast. Im not sure what to do about this? It does help to talk about it to people that understand. My hubby is very caring but I feel that I overwelm him with it. Im just really frustraited and a bit scared that I dont know why this is happining. i wish i had the answers in front of me. will that ever happen? Thanks again.

Thanks yall. i do take potasium ,magnisium calsium and d.and a b12 shot because im low. juice plus and 2 different enzimes oh and c. I eat a bannana and peanut butter every day for breakfast. Im not sure what to do about this? It does help to talk about it to people that understand. My hubby is very caring but I feel that I overwelm him with it. Im just really frustraited and a bit scared that I dont know why this is happining. i wish i had the answers in front of me. will that ever happen? Thanks again.

How much magnesium are you taking? The usual recommendation is around 400mg per day, though many people take several times that amount. I've read that if you take more than you need, it will have a stool loosening effect. Magnesium and calcium compete for absorption, and if your intestines are less able to absorb one than the other, you may need to adjust the ratio to compensate.

Bananas and peanut butter can be difficult to digest, especially when the gut is trying to heal. This may be complicating matters. As breakfast is so very important, I would recommend a more nutrient-rich, easily digestible, and balanced meal to start your day.

I forgot to mention, that nightshades would bring on the leg pains quite intensely. It would take about two weeks for the effects to wear off. So if you eat potatoes, tomatoes or other nightshades, I'd suggest avoiding those and see how you feel. In fact, any of the top allergens should be on your list of suspects. The top eight include wheat, dairy, soy, corn, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and shellfish.