emma07

How To Make The Move...

Rate this topic

I have just found out I have intolerence to Dairy, wheat,Gluten, any of the nightshade family, Tuna and shrimp..

How do you make the move from eating everything in sight to having to avoid all kinds of foods. Tomato's, peppers and potato's were the staple part of my diet. I am not sure where to start, should I tackle each meal or go straight for cutting out these foods, I feel so overwhelmed by it all I really dont know where to start...

Any suggestions how did you go about making the changes...

Any advice would be good...

Unfortunately, you just have to suck it up and do it. I had a much longer list of intolerances, and it was hard, but it sure was worth giving them up! Now, 7 months later, I have no restrictions, except gluten. Feeling better is much worth it! Try to focus on what you CAN have instead of what you can't :D

Yup, you just have to jump right in. I've been doing an elimination diet for 60+ days. Soy, corn, legumes, dairy, wheat, seafood, nuts, strawberries. I've added gluten recently, and I'm giving nightshades a rest. I've been intolerant to spuds for a couple of years now and suspect I may have to limit the others. No fun really but it's gotten better. I have developed an auto-immune disorder and I'm being tested for more allergies later in the month. Hang in there and think of all you can eat.

Yup, you just have to jump right in. I've been doing an elimination diet for 60+ days. Soy, corn, legumes, dairy, wheat, seafood, nuts, strawberries. I've added gluten recently, and I'm giving nightshades a rest. I've been intolerant to spuds for a couple of years now and suspect I may have to limit the others. No fun really but it's gotten better. I have developed an auto-immune disorder and I'm being tested for more allergies later in the month. Hang in there and think of all you can eat.

Are you a celiac? I saw that you added gluten back in. Which auto-immune disorder did you develop?