nixie_nox

Got My Biopsy Tomorrow

Rate this topic

The Gastro didn't say much other then that we need to do the biopsy to really see anything. Modern technology being what it is, despite myPCP emailing my bloodwork results, she didn't get them and couldn't comment.

I am tentative about this. I have been sick a very long time. When your sick for unknown reasons for a very long time, you stop looking for anything positive, and don't put your eggs in the basket.

It is bittersweet. On one hand, if I actually got an answer, it would mean an answer to a very long journey. It would also explain a lot of things. But the downside is the diet of course. Its akin to finding out your diabetic.

So we will see. Wish me luck!

Best of luck tomorrow, Nixie :)

The procedure itself is over pretty quickly, and hopefully then you'll have some answers. Let us know.

It is bittersweet. On one hand, if I actually got an answer, it would mean an answer to a very long journey. It would also explain a lot of things. But the downside is the diet of course. Its akin to finding out your diabetic.

So we will see. Wish me luck!

The diet is not a negative issue at all...unless you do not cook. That might be a problem but, really, being a diabetic is much, much worse than a diagnosis of Celiac Disease! You cannot have sugar or many carbs as a diabetic but with Celiac, there isn't much that can't be duplicated gluten-free. You can at least have dessert and red wine, thank goodness! ;)

Most doctors insist on a biopsy because they make a lot of money doing them. You should know that you may have a negative biopsy and still have Celiac. That's right...it all depends on how many samples they take and if you have sustained enough damage to show on a biopsy. The only true way of finding out if you have a gluten problem is a dietary trial.

I do wish you luck on whatever you decide to do and if it turns out you have celiac disease, the food definitely doesn't have to be boring.